Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the straight through crew.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
MoT time today.

straight through, again. One little advisory.

i used to dread the MOT. (Apart from when my father used to have his ticket in the early days). Having never owned a car under ten years old it was a case of saying ten hail marys inbetween flicking the indicators from left to right and pressing the foot brake..

not so with the 80, i almost look forward to it, a brew and the usual greeting from the tester of "bloody good motors these.."...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As you said rich. We're driving a legend..

Yep, straight through no advisories, like you said, they always attract praise.

IMG_0714.JPG

V6 Collie and 120 due next couple of weeks, shouldn't be a problem.

It was "always fail" back in the 60's when we were all driving BMC products. I remember my first MOT in 1960. I had been driving round with the front of the rear cart spring loose because that part of the floor had rotted out. I jacked the car up, slid a steel plate over the top of the spring hanger, and bolted it all together. Looked terrible. Mot tester tried to lever it off with a crow bar but couldn't so it passed.

One fail on the 80 for broken down pipe so IIRC so about 19 passes in 20 years.

Mine failed on the handbrake this year......

Still no advisories though lol

on the other hand, i've yet to get my MOT first time as far as I can recall. Always something small - last week they got me on windscreen wipers, and the indicator on the bull bar. Last year it was a single bush. The year before it was the brake light bulb....

on the other hand, i've yet to get my MOT first time as far as I can recall. Always something small - last week they got me on windscreen wipers, and the indicator on the bull bar. Last year it was a single bush. The year before it was the brake light bulb....
For something as small as that nick my tester would just let me bob a new bulb in or change the wiper blade while he got on with the rest of the test. For the most part though, i run through things like that before i take it down.

For something as small as that nick my tester would just let me bob a new bulb in or change the wiper blade while he got on with the rest of the test. For the most part though, i run through things like that before i take it down.
Same here. Seems you’ve got a rather pedantic tester.

Looking back over the year not doing bad so far:-

Black Collie, 60 and 80 straight through. 120 on friday and V6 next week.

Back