Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The woes continue... CDL and RDL

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
You could write a good movie since I bought Thomas... maybe I should not have said I think i’ve bought a good one.

So...

Thomas went in for a rear diff lock actuator (2nd hand eBay with 3month warranty) and new tyres. Turns out the part electrically works but mechanically not... currently trying to get money back.

Picked it up after garage had shut and on start up the CDL light was on. Shifted through the box and transfer box and dash switch. Stayed on. Drove 3miles home and stayed on. On reversing on to the drive can hear tyres scrubbing so assuming it’s engaged.

Found an old tread on here with some diagnostic tests that I will try tomorrow if it’s dry.

Sounds like, if it needs it, a replacement is a PITA.

Centre diff lock fixed. Everything was working as it should, turned out it was a fuse. Not blown just a poor contact on one side. Was quite lucky to find it.

I now have a spare RDL actuator, was free as supplied by a breakers but faulty. Took apart the electrical side and the bushes are broken. Mechanical it seems to work, scared the s#it out of me when the spring tension released firing the locking pin in to the wall (I did think it might be so took precautions)

All the gears appear sound.

Anyone know someone who maybe able to rebuild and fit new bushes?

Last edited:
Back