Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thieving scum

white90

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Got up this morning to find some scumbag piece of shit had stolen the winch and rope off the truck, I hope the bastard dies a slow painful death.

We are having vans done all the time here mate. 20vans last two weeks. Hope they catch up with them,

I've got various alarms on the motors at the min. Shouldn't have to!

Keep an eye on gumtree , eBay and free ads in general , seems very unlikely to me someone stole it to use it .

Imagine catching the **** while off road and many miles from civilized procedure , not sure about slow death I think instead I would have to be very careful so he survived to regret it .

how the heck do you pinch a winch and rope from the front of the truck? You got to have made some noise at least!
fugging scumbags

Whats the description / pictures from the past?

Collectively I bet we can cover a lot of the selling pages / forums / facebook groups etc.

Bastwards :|

Bad news indeed W90, what a PITA and wallet.

Too late of course, but there are mounting bolt locking systems available for those reading this who may want to protect themselves.

One type is a steel bolt/nut head cup with a steel pressed-fit cover.

It makes removal very difficult, basically an effective deterrent.

Reactions: Pat
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
how the heck do you pinch a winch and rope from the front of the truck? You got to have made some noise at least!
fugging scumbags
Only a case of undoing four bolts mate, two minutes tops, probably on some pickeys transit by now.

Bastwards :|

Bad news indeed W90, what a PITA and wallet.

Too late of course, but there are mounting bolt locking systems available for those reading this who may want to protect themselves.

One type is a steel bolt/nut head cup with a steel pressed-fit cover.

It makes removal very difficult, basically an effective deterrent.
Insurance claim going in tomorrow, good call on the bolts Clive got some ordered for when the winch is replaced.
Just ordered a cctv kit for the house should act as a bit more of a deterrent.

Got up this morning to find some scumbag piece of shit had stolen the winch and rope off the truck, I hope the bastard dies a slow painful death.

Hello. do you have any decent photos of it at all? It's quite popular to put this kind of thing on FaceAche at the moment and share it. It can get a lot of 'public' exposure in a short amount of time.

@white90 , I'm looking for a winch at the moment, if you could post the model and any pics ill keep an eye out if it pops up on the usual sites.

WIN_20160427_120733.JPG

Bunch of thieving bastards.
I have the bolt heads held with a weld to the mount and the steering guard covers then too

Sorry to hear this. Had my Shogun nicked with half my tools in it in 2004. Nothing prepares you. If I'd found the buggers that nicked it I would have torched their caravan and been in the nick without a cruiser. Glad I didn't but that feeling will never leave me. Barstewards. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits!

Where abouts are you?

While thinking about security in general it crossed my mind that rounding nuts with car body filler would make it very difficult to remove parts quietly .

Many years ago someone tried to nick the driving lights off the front of my SJ. Got up one morning to find one lamp very loose and facing the wrong way. They'd been thwarted by the nut I'd welded onto the end of the mounting bolt after fitting them. This method meant I could still loosen the brackets for adjustment but removing them meant cutting the end nut off.

Sorry to see the this, I remember when fitting a decent sound system to one of my cars years back, the guy in the shop who sold it to me, said turn it down on the way home, as the thieves literally home in on it.

Trust me, if I catch someone removing anything from my car/van, I will NOT be calling the police!

regards

Dave

Back