Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking of driving to Zante

silvercruiser

Hello i thought i would share my ideas and see what you all thought. my plan is to drive to the greek island of zante, ive had a quick look and you can get one ferry from Brindisi (italy) to zante port so will be driving over the alps etc.

I have a daughter that will be four by next year so hopefully she will not get bored and i can get the dvd/headrest screen etc. i want to do it as ive always fancied driving through europe/alps etc and i hate the whole experience of airports checking in etc.
Im going as i have a wedding to go to and thought instead of flying and going for one week i could drive and do it over two weeks. Has anyone done this trip or similar and also with the kid/s in the back how was it?

Joe

Can I come too? Zakynthos is my second home. Well spiritually anyway. It's a lovely place. Make sure you go to Mikaelos near Kalamaki. It is the best taverna on the island - possibly in all of Greece.

Ahh. I hope you make it. Have a Mythos for me when you are there.

Jamas!

Christos

That would be quite a trek in two weeks...

GO FOR IT - sounds great!!! :cool:

Chris said:
Can I come too? Zakynthos is my second home. Well spiritually anyway. It's a lovely place. Make sure you go to Mikaelos near Kalamaki. It is the best taverna on the island - possibly in all of Greece.

Ahh. I hope you make it. Have a Mythos for me when you are there.

Jamas!

Christos

Your more than welcome Chris :D

Ive also been quite a few times and im actually going this year too, But thought i would see what its like driving there but it is only an option at the moment. Thanks for the heads up with the taverna il give it a try this year, have you tried popeyes in tsilivi?

Gav 2 weeks is just a close(ish) estimate i dont mind if it goes into 3 weeks :D
I work for myself so my time is my own within reason and budget.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I think there will be a lot of 'can I come also ?' posts.

I must say, it does sound great.

When would you plan on leaving, ? 'can I come too ?

Graham

silvercruiser said:
2 weeks is just a close(ish) estimate i dont mind if it goes into 3 weeks
I work for myself so my time is my own within reason and budget.
Stretch away then ;-)

My folks used to tour me & sis round Europe with a Dandy trailer tent for four weeks at a time in the summers for many years - fantastic way to see what the continent has to offer... The furthest south we got was down to Pompei & Naples IIRC.

Another couple of years & I'll be doing the same to my lot with any luck - have to save up for 6 passports first though :-(

The Greeks are dudes too - me & a couple of buddies spent 6 weeks cycling around Crete & a few islands after Uni... I often think I have been born in the wrong country ;-)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, I have. We were bored I think one night. Denis runs a real proper, not for the tourists taverna. Mama still runs the kitchen. Never had a bad meal there - ever. And we have been, err once or twice. It's on the Zante road, just out of Kalamaki. Ask anyone - they'll know it.

Chris

Graham said:
Hi Joe,

I think there will be a lot of 'can I come also ?' posts.

I must say, it does sound great.

When would you plan on leaving, ? 'can I come too ?

Graham

Hello Graham its just i thought at the moment im going to a friends wedding over there so have a place to stay etc but if you really want to come there is a camp site on zante or plenty of hotels.

Joe

Cheers chris il give it a try.

Hi Joe,
I want to do a Europe trip,
Drive to Greece, and may be Corfu?
Or some thing like, UK to Istanbul.
Then a week holiday in one of the Turkish holiday resorts.

I have done Pireas to Crete, Iraklion.
Crete was good.

Never been to Zante.

Graham

Back