Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This Cruiser Will Make You the Most Popular Guy on the Street

We I have cleared and gritted our road for the last 10 years and only had one word of thanks

Gritting is something I was discussing with a mate yesterday, And could the power of the people, (Shouting at your local MP).. Convince the powers to be NOT to grit..Round our way lately they have been chucking the stuff everywhere. weather its going to freeze or not, And to be honest im fricking sick of it. Its not all that good for the environment, and definitely not that good for your vehicle.. Do they Grit because 90% of the people who drive, Don't know how to drive in Snow or ice... Or is it because the council have to be seen to be doing something.. personally I wish they wouldn't Grit the Roads... When I lived in Denmark I don't ever remember seeing a gritting Truck in nearly 7yrs.. And when it snowed, It snowed. And I could get to work every morning (About 20 miles) In my old 1978 SAAB... In Fact the first winter I was there the First vehicle I saw on its side in the ditch was a Toyota Hi Lux.. Probably the result of the driver out having some fun.. So what do 'ya' think.. Should we Grit?......... Sorry Jacob,' Pal' for the Hijack... My vote is a BIG NO!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gritting is something I was discussing with a mate yesterday, And could the power of the people, (Shouting at your local MP).. Convince the powers to be NOT to grit..Round our way lately they have been chucking the stuff everywhere. weather its going to freeze or not, And to be honest im fricking sick of it. Its not all that good for the environment, and definitely not that good for your vehicle.. Do they Grit because 90% of the people who drive, Don't know how to drive in Snow or ice... Or is it because the council have to be seen to be doing something.. personally I wish they wouldn't Grit the Roads... When I lived in Denmark I don't ever remember seeing a gritting Truck in nearly 7yrs.. And when it snowed, It snowed. And I could get to work every morning (About 20 miles) In my old 1978 SAAB... In Fact the first winter I was there the First vehicle I saw on its side in the ditch was a Toyota Hi Lux.. Probably the result of the driver out having some fun.. So what do 'ya' think.. Should we Grit?......... Sorry Jacob,' Pal' for the Hijack... My vote is a BIG NO!
Perhaps you could start a thread H, one with voting buttons.
I haven’t yet used voting buttons…
We’re probably all going to be biased TBH.

The cruiser almost became the daily drive last Thursday. All those hours of playing Sega rally years ago paid off as the Beemer slid sideways, one way to the other. It's ok when you're expecting it but that patch of ice caught me out! It was gritted the next day after someone else didn't come away un damaged.

The cruiser almost became the daily drive last Thursday. All those hours of playing Sega rally years ago paid off as the Beemer slid sideways, one way to the other. It's ok when you're expecting it but that patch of ice caught me out! It was gritted the next day after someone else didn't come away un damaged.
My old 5 series Beemer would slide one way then the other, Just by looking at the throttle.... I suppose your right Nick unexpected Black ice is Lethal.. But its just the careless scattering of Salt whatever the conditions. But when conditions are Bad are we then all led to believe that all will be well 'Because they've Gritted.. On the way to the Marina this morning there were 3 cars half way up the embankment with Police aware tape wrapped round them. All separate instances, It was a hard frost last night and they had Gritted..

It was lucky, the day before i was running a little late so going faster. I dont think id hit the speed limit when it slipped. I really should take the rtt off soon can get in the work car park with the cruiser. I'm sure it will be needed soon enough

It was lucky, the day before i was running a little late so going faster. I dont think id hit the speed limit when it slipped. I really should take the rtt off soon can get in the work car park with the cruiser. I'm sure it will be needed soon enough
Your just a Loony! Northerner!:lol:

There's a land cruiser that drives around Beeley Moor (Peak District) area with a snow plough on. I saw him a few times last year when it was snowy. Really nice guy. Pretty much the ultimate modification.

Speaking of before they laid concrete on my track, it’s quite steep with no drainage, so there’s water running down it permanently.

In winter, I mean prolonged periods of -5C or lower, we'd get a build up of pure ice sometimes about 9” thick, right across the track.

Salt is close on useless, it would melt the surface, but then become diluted by the water flow and be gone in no time.

Sand, however, works a treat on ice. It gets embedded in the surface and provides some grip. That’s all that’s needed to get up the hill.

Driving fast on potentially icy roads is for Finnish WRC champions and idiots IMO, no matter what tyres you have (some are much better than others) they’re all likely to let go at speed if there’s ice about.

Keep the speed down and then even if they do let go, the damage will be less. I don’t know where this more modern idea that everyone’s on a race track going to work these days has come from, the Main Street past my apartment is like a raceway, despite it being a 50 kph (30 mph) limit.

I’m almost willing idiots to crash, just to make them slow down FFS.

ok, its a short season, but snow plowing is pretty good money round here. ive considered it once or twice. the council does the run of the mill stuff with there gritters, but when the good stuff comes the local big tractors come out. some have snow blowers. there is a dedicated snow blower that lives at flash.
a collie isn't first choice of vehicle though..
the seller lives in rural Scotland so will have a reasonable amount of snow each year.

No, he isnt, he gets cold very quickly..:)

Well if you will live in the arctic!!!

Back