Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Three days in south west Wales - any advice of things to see?

James GrP

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All,
Have to tour around South West Wales for a few days to show some elderly family around, already have Tenby & St Davids on the list and have found a few BOAT's over the black mountains which should be nice if the weather is :)
Anyone know the area or know of some nice places to go look - could you jot them down here?

First longish trip in the truck so hoping for smooth running!

If you fancy the extra miles, a bit further East to the Mumbles might be worth it, and if you can avoid the weekend it would be better.

Oxwich bay was always my favorite, but watch out for low-beam barriers to beach car parks (ask me how I know... :angry-screaming:)

The whole area of the Mumbles is good scenery and country lanes, but it can get a bit busy at weekends if the sun is shining.

If you're as far east as the Black Mountains you could consider the Botanic Gardens at Nantgaredig. World's largest single span greenhouse, nice grounds, nice cafes. Y Polyn is a nice restaurant/ pub (more restaurant) down the road from there. Llandovery is tiny but if you're close worth parking and having a wander round, grab a coffee. Carreg Cennen castle is worth a look if you're in that Black Mountain area. The road between Llangadog and Upper Brynamman is very windy, picturesque up over the black mountains, in theory popular with sports cars and motorbikes but always empty when I've been over there.

Depends on how much walking (and the weather !), but further west, Barafundle Bay is nice and Saint Govans Chapel is worth a look (but you'd have to check firing times as access roads run through the tank range at Castlemartin and are sometimes closed). Porthgain in N. Pembs has a good pub (The Sloop) for eating.

Some great knowledge there - thank you!
Last hurdle is looking for a hotel west of the Brecons, job for the Wife :)

Any nice off road tracks worth venturing down, the path I was told about over the black mountains seems to be private so not doing that!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back