Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tidying up engine bay wiring hj60

Oosti_1

Country Flag
australia
I’d say I’m a beginner at auto electronics, but need to save some money and do the work myself.

What’s the best way to go about restoring engine bay to stock/fixing wiring in the engine bay? The previous owners have got dodgey wiring and it’s spahgetti. Anyone got a photo of a stock hj60 2h 1983 engine bay?

Is this a external voltage regulator
1660962033923.png
?

An internal regulator will be inside the alternator. If external it will look something like this:
4A74D678-09EE-4819-AB37-F71DDAD808DC.jpeg

It will be mounted on the inner wing / guard near the alternator.
My car has the internal vesion so any wiring pics will differ thats all.

Oh I think I have an external one - guessing it’s this
50521758-9015-4258-B6D4-96B08404E39D.jpeg

An internal regulator will be inside the alternator. If external it will look something like this:
View attachment 325722

It will be mounted on the inner wing / guard near the alternator.
My car has the internal vesion so any wiring pics will differ thats all.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In order to replace the electrical wiring in the engine bay, you would have to either replace some of the wiring looms behind the dash, or cut the bad ones off and use a soldering iron and mend new wires on. It would take a mammoth amount of effort knowing the old 60 series. Be warned it is a bigger maze behind the dash. And watch out for the battery terminal wires. Otherwise, you could always just put some money aside for it and send it off to an auto deasil electrician. I hope that this information helps. Cheers

Back