Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Time for a bit of a touch up

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
After several years of running around with a grey wheel arch extension, peeling lacquer and a couple of rust spots here and there, I decided to take the plunge and get the old girl tidied up.

IMG_9324.JPG

All glass out.
IMG_9326.JPG

There was a bit of a question as to whether a screen could easily be removed after using Butyl Screen sealer. Well, it does, quite easily. Cleaning off the remaining sealer is easy with a plastic scraper and brake cleaner.
IMG_9330.JPG IMG_9341.JPG
Bumper off to be able to get to the front valance.
IMG_9344.JPG

Put the glass back in today. Found a Soudal product called Butyrub (Ohh Matron) which was the same as the eBay stuff for half the price and put the front and rear screens in with it.

Polishing tomorrow then final reassembly ready to parade at Lincomb :pray: (hence why it's not going through the rough stuff this time), then to Krown for rust proofing on Monday. :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
I envy you Rich i have decided the only way i am going to get a finish that i'm happy with is to do a full respray myself with rattlecans and of course it needs to be indoors for that .

I think im getting to the full respray stage too..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh yes! That will do nicely, thanks!

Beautiful Rich, that color comes up so well with some polish.

Worth all the elbow grease :lol:

Now get yourself to Lincomb and get it dirty! :laughing-rolling:

After several years of running around with a grey wheel arch extension, peeling lacquer and a couple of rust spots here and there, I decided to take the plunge and get the old girl tidied up.

View attachment 107918
All glass out.
View attachment 107919
There was a bit of a question as to whether a screen could easily be removed after using Butyl Screen sealer. Well, it does, quite easily. Cleaning off the remaining sealer is easy with a plastic scraper and brake cleaner.
View attachment 107920 View attachment 107921
Bumper off to be able to get to the front valance.
View attachment 107922

Put the glass back in today. Found a Soudal product called Butyrub (Ohh Matron) which was the same as the eBay stuff for half the price and put the front and rear screens in with it.

Polishing tomorrow then final reassembly ready to parade at Lincomb :pray: (hence why it's not going through the rough stuff this time), then to Krown for rust proofing on Monday. :icon-biggrin:
Nice job Rich, your garage seems to have got enlarged considerably.

Looking good mate.
Mine goes into the bodyshop soon then it's Polish time before winter takes hold.

Back