Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Timing issues.

BigPOS

Country Flag
australia
So the landcruiser from hell saga continues.

So my cruiser is still in the shop, since it shit its self the day after i bought it....a month ago.

So they removed the steinbauer chip, which improved it dramatically, removed the gas system, repaired the wiring to the tcv, but the tcv was leaking diesel and it wasnt 100%, so replaced tcv, Now apparently the timing is at +40 at idle and cant be adjusted, so im down to ecu or injector pump. Any1 know what timing should be at idle? Or can you adjust timing in the ecu? My invoice is creeping up there....

considering i drove this car less than 100km b4 the dreaded check engine and p1220 code came up. Starting 2021 as 2020 ended....

Private sales are fucked....never again....atleast if this was a dealer, they would fix it.

Cheers in advance.

Jesse

Do you not have a consumer protection scheme where you are as it seems you were sold a lemon tree and armed with your invoices so far you should have so come back with the seller best of luck mate best of luck

No

Not with private sales. Changing injector pump today....kinda funny that the injector pump is half the price of a reco engine

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a bad thing however if you can see any big shiny light thing further down the road then you know what you got a decent truck that you can depend on how much of the work that needs doing can you do yourself to help reduce the cost keep up with your good work and let us know your progress as and when

Turns out, apparently the timing was stuck at 41 dregrees. After changing the the injector pump, timing was no longer stuck (apparently) but the ECU couldn't trim the timing....ecu repaired G2G.

Now im $6600 lighter in the pocket and my steinbauer chip was removed as part of fault finding.....which us another thing i find intetrsting....steinbauer advanced timing....once the removed it...smoking stopped....tells me the injection pump timing was moving....

Back