Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tires / Rims Help

jsabb

Country Flag
united_states
Hello,

I just got my first car which is a 2002 100 series Land Cruiser. It is stock everything and I dont know too much about building it out. I want to get bigger tires and rims, but I can't seem to find any which's lug pattern is 6x139.7. But i did go onto CARiD.com and i put in 2002 land cruiser and it gave me rims and tires that say will work, but the dimentions of the tires aren't the same lug pattern. Does it matter? Not really sure what to do. If anyone knows anything about this topic please let me know! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say i don't know much about the 100 but i've a feeling bigger tyre options are limited due to independent front suspension , you may want to look at body lifts for your truck just to kill time while waiting for an experienced answer .

How big a tyre do you want to go are you looking for width hight profile me I run 265 75 16 Cooper stt pro on standard ally rims and also have replaced suspension with Ironman kit giving about a 2 inch lift what are your plans for driving it easy hard dirt tracks mountainous rocky tracks and if you go too big on tyre size you will fmuck up the gearing on the diff ratio faster on the flat and struggle on hills so unlike basketball players bigger is not always best So sort suspension first to make way for bigger tyres

The bolt pattern is 5x150, with 14 mm bolts. The centre hole is also specific to the full size HD cruisers. There isn't a great selection of rims that fit wrt backspacing, centre hole and bolt pattern, but not to difficult to find used ones.
A 100 doesn't need a lift for bigger tyres. 31" is standard, e.g. 275/70r16, and you can fit 33" without issue, e.g. 255/85r16. Even with a 2" lift you can not fit anything much bigger without cutting a bit.

Apart from the 5x150 bolt pattern, it is a +60 offset and running anything less than +20 offset is really not recommended.
You are more or less stuck to resold OEM Toyota wheels. Wheels from 200 work, but before the facelift - after the facelift the centre hole is changed and incompatible.
105 and the newer 79 are also 5x150, but 0 offset. There is a slightly bigger selection in the USA, due to the Tundra having the same bolt pattern, but the offset is again wrong.

Back