Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tires

rplane

Does anyone have experience with using a 65 profile touring tire on 18" wheels instead of the factory spec of 60 profile on 18's ? I like the ride much better. I don't use this beast off road- mostly highway and pot hole filled town driving. I've read a variety of opinions. The 1.1" taller tire would seem to offer no real challenges to the great machine- hope I'm right. Also this is my first post- hope I did it right.

If you have no issues with body clearance, then you have no worries.

May I suggest you post an introduction of yourself (surprisingly in the introduction section) tell us a bit about yourself and your truck, then you'll be able to contribute to, and benefit from, the mine of information available on here. We also consider photos as obligatory. :whistle:

Welcome to the LC family forum :lol:

My LC100 had 275/65 road tyres on 17" rims. I swapped them for 275/70 Cooper AT3s without any dramas. I think I posted about the speed differences on another forum, but they were marginal. The AT3s are quieter on the road too.

Does anyone have experience with using a 65 profile touring tire on 18" wheels instead of the factory spec of 60 profile on 18's ? I like the ride much better. I don't use this beast off road- mostly highway and pot hole filled town driving. I've read a variety of opinions. The 1.1" taller tire would seem to offer no real challenges to the great machine- hope I'm right. Also this is my first post- hope I did it right.
i'm running 255/85/R16 which is almost 34 inches in diameter.
Absolutely no problem off road.
As long as it does not protrude out of the wheel arch you wont have a problem increasing the diameter by an inch or two. good luck!

Back