Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Total Newbie

ReeceB

Country Flag
australia
Hi All,

A total newbie to 4WDing here. A couple of beach drives, and some tame treks through the bush, buit wanting to experience so much more.

My name is Reece, and moved to the Sunshine Coast in QLD AU about 6 months ago so decided to dip my toe in the water of offroading.

Bought a 2005 Series 100 Landcruiser last week. It is a 4.7L v8 dual fuel with 456,00km on the clock. The engine was fully rebuilt 80,000km ago. Drives very nicely for such a large vehicle.

It is basically a 'clean skin'. Doesn't appear to have been offroad at all, and has no offroad accessories (yet). I'm in the process of getting a roof rack (mainly so I can store the spare, as the gas tank takes up the spare wheel spot), and a drawer system for the back. Also on the hunt for a good bullbar

Looking to head off up the beach for a bit of camping and novice 4WDing. Going to find somewhere to do a basic driving course (to start with) and increase my skills level (and meet kindred souls in the process).

Apologies in advance for the 'dumb' questions, but (hopefully) I'm a quick study.

See ya in the scrub.

Reece.

Back