Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tow bar wiring

Jake the Peg

Country Flag
scotland
I was asked to have a look at a friends 2008 200 to check out the tow bar wiring as all that works is the indicators, it’s got a factory installed tow bar and wiring kit, what I found was that on the brake light circuit and tail light circuits is only 3.8v output, this is at the socket ( which is in perfect condition) and also at the multi plug by the rear light. All the wiring / connectors look in perfect condition. I tried running a separate earth to the socket but there was no change.
Is there a relay somewhere in the system which could be faulty or any other ideas?

thanks in advance

J

Does the 200 have led lights which run at 3.5v ?

Test the trailer ?

Swap main tail light bulbs ?

Thanks @Shayne, I tested it with a new light board, but conventional bulbs, and think that back in 2008 LED bulbs would not have been commonplace on most trailers. Certainly worth me checking tho!

cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There is a dedicated trailer ECU, behind the drivers side plastic trim in the boot.

Attachments

• 1637168732929.png
    1637168732929.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 44
@Brett, thanks, I had another dig around it today and found it, I suspect this is the issue as it was split open and half hanging about. I’m getting +12v in but 3.6v out. I’ll pull the side trim off next week and look for a part number

cheers

Sounds like you're on the right track, there is a fairly extensive Toyota fitting guide which should help you. I can't upload here but if you search online you should find it. File name as follows:-

PZQ61-6026-71-81_-_PZQ61-60260FL_-_Landcruiser_933L_200L_-_TWH_FI_-_Issue_1_-_A5_booklet.pdf

Thanks again @Brett but I’m hoping to get the module number and just switch it out, as it previously did work. Hopefully it’s not a case of having to buy the whole wiring kit!

cheers

Back