Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tow bars Australia

Ryley

Country Flag
australia
Hi again.

Need to put a tow bar on my 2005 1HZ Troop Carrier. I'll be using it for towing a tradesman's tool trailer day to day (approx 750kg) but would like to have the ability to tow up to 3.5 tonnes, or a mid size camper some time in the future.

I came across Tow Bars Australia online (https://www.towbarsaustralia.com.au/towbar-kits/70-75-78-79-series-troop-carrier) and thought it looked ok.

Anyone had any experience with Tow Bars Australia tow bars? Pros/cons?
Any recommendations of a better option available in Melbourne?
Im confident in fitting myself, but will i get a better result taking it to tow bar shop (warranty, etc)?

Thanks.

Where are you based, later this month I’m removing my tow bar to install a kaymar rear bar. My troopy is a 2007, but you’re welcome to the bar if it fits your troopy.

Can that era Troopy tow 3500kg, and what's the GCM?

Can that era Troopy tow 3500kg, and what's the GCM?
I actually don't have the owners manual, but im pretty sure its 3500kg with brakes/750kg without brakes. On the plate inside the drivers side door it simply has a dash under both towing capacity and GCM...

Where are you based, later this month I’m removing my tow bar to install a kaymar rear bar. My troopy is a 2007, but you’re welcome to the bar if it fits your troopy.
Very generous of you Charlie, thanks. My research suggests it should fit. I'm in Eltham. Can you tell me anything about your tow bar ie, brand and condition?

Very generous of you Charlie, thanks. My research suggests it should fit. I'm in Eltham. Can you tell me anything about your tow bar ie, brand and condition?

It was on the Troopy when I bought it...... I assume it was fitted when the Troopy was new, it will be available collection late this month from Newcastle NSW area.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was on the Troopy when I bought it...... I assume it was fitted when the Troopy was new, it will be available collection late this month from Newcastle NSW area.
Ah, I'm in VIC. Thanks for the offer anyway mate.

Update - went with a bar from tow bars australia. All in all a pretty good experience. Product seems great, it fit my vehicle perfectly and was a simple install (just had to buy a 12V circuit tester to complete the wiring). Comes with very basic installation instructions though, for anyone who's not that confident.

Back