Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TOY !

Reminds me of The Banana Splits…
I’m showing my age now aren’t I…?:)

Compulsive viewing in the school holidays. :thumbup: The Arabian Knights was always my favourite cartoon feature in the program.

The Arabian Knights

No way ! when i tell people thats was my fav cartoon as a kid they have no idea what i'm talking about :think: I was born in 72 , must have been a rerun ?

Arguing with Helen now because i always thought the Arabian Knights and the Monkees were somehow connected . Seem's probable mum's TV licence was a few years out of date :lol:

Last edited:
I think we take the full on weirdness of the early 70s for granted.Given the backlash against the tellytubbies the banana splits were pretty mild .Magic roundabout ? or the clangers ? totally bizarre & obviously drug inspired.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think we take the full on weirdness of the early 70s for granted.Given the backlash against the tellytubbies the banana splits were pretty mild .Magic roundabout ? or the clangers ? totally bizarre & obviously drug inspired.
Magic roundabout, I’m sure that Dylan the rabbit was on something!
Not so sure if Oliver Postgate who created The Clangers in his garden shed was or not. His wife knitted them and he animated them. I felt a bit of my childhood died when he did.
The Clangers and Bagpuss were my favourite.
I just about remember The Arabian Knights now you mention it. I think Michael Bentine’s Potty Time was more my thing.:lol:

They don’t make ‘em like they used to!
I’ve massively threadjacked haven’t I? :whistle:

The Banana Splits Song by the Dickies was my weapon of choice for karaoke nights and just so happens they also did a song called Stuck In Pagoda With Trisha Toyota claps hands and shouts SIZE OF AN 100

Does anyone remember the series set in London, where a gang of kids had an old red bus in a yard? It had a guy out of summer holiday in it iirc.

series set in London, where a gang of kids had an old red bus in a yard

I think you're referring to "Here come the double deckers" - enjoyed that when I was a wee lad ;-)

Add : Just realised that a young Peter Firth plays one of the lead characters.

I remember it well. But can you imagine calling the fat kid 'Doughnut' nowadays!!!!

ive been called that at comercial body fitters for years, theyre upset now ive lost weight. What i never understood was why they called me donut, they kept buying the things i just ate them

I'm so sorry. I meant of course, to say the fat stupid kid.

Jeez - the Double Deckers! I had completely forgotten that show!

Back