Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota AHC Fluid.

frank rabbets

Guru
I think this is just hydraulic oil of a certain viscosity. It does not appear to be hygroscopic. I shook some up in a clear jar with some water and unlike brake fluid the two would not mixed. Acted like thin oil and water.

I left my cornflakes in a bowl of milk. they appear to be hygroscopic..

Hi,
It is probably closest to a mineral LHM type product but my research via the web has told me that nobody claims to make a product to meet the Toyota spec.
If it helps I buy mine from Milners it's worked out slightly cheaper than from Toyota.
I have used 5lts in the last 3 years doing one complete flush as a baseline service (the original fluid was horrible) and I did a second mini flush a year later, the fluid held in the tank stays cleanest but near the spheres at the working end it seems to darken quicker, I just added a litre or so to the tank and let some out the bleeders to keep the system tip top.

Has anyone tried contacting Morris oils of Shrewsbury? They can be extremely helpful and produce some excellent oils.

I wonder if Lexus fluid is more or less expensive.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The fluid in the tank certainly does stay cleanest. During the standard bleed quite a lot of fluid stays in the rams so it's impossible to do a complete flush without turning the rams upside down and pumping them to pump out all the old fluid. Even after a standard bleed fairly recently (with in situ rams) the old oil in my rams was almost black.

I'm amazed at the seal in the rams not leaking any fluid out when under so much movement and pressure.

I wonder how long the spheres last ? My 2004 has done 69k miles but I still have 11 notches on the tank from high to low.

To bleed mine I raised to high switched off the engine/ignition and opened the bleeder just slightly as the car slowly drops it pushes a fair amount of oil in one hit.
Once the suspension bottoms out the damper appears to be fully closed so in my mind I got most of the old oil out.
I have 200k miles with a fair amount of towing and I still have a good number of bars movement on the tank, less than 7 and the spheres are in need of replacement.

Like a lot of oil flushes, if you take the spheres off and empty the shock absorbers, you seem to get most of it. I did mine at 100K miles when I stripped out all of the suspension and got the sphere's gassed. I flushed it again at 128K and it ran very clear. Even the first bit that came out, initially a bit foamy.

Back