Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Land Cruiser 80 24V TD 1997R Black manual

Stanstorey

Still not sure if this is a good idea....
Took me a long time to find and I am tempted to mothball it for a few years as the banks cannot offer the same interest rate :icon-biggrin:

I shall list everything I know good and bad as I do not like surprises any more than you lot!

Registered October 1997
Now on R117DKE registration.

Black with black Connonly leather
Manual
MOT and tax aug 2014

2 Previous owners, last for 10 years and has done his own servicing as he's a rather good engineer - he has filled out book - will check last belt service, but wasn't that many miles ago from memory.
Been dry stored by him (has numerous barns) and dry stored by me since I bought it in the summer.
It has small marks on all four corners and one rear plastic door arch trim has a scrape from something falling over onto it (don't ask!)
Basically a small amount of paint and a detail would make immaculate (the joys of black paint!)
It doesn't need any paint as such.
Interior carpets have been wet vacced and are nearly there, another quick clean will see them back to full glory.
Seats could do with feeding (i have just used last of my Gliptone conditioner on another car recently).
Had two fresh Numax batteries in august when i got it.
MOT advisory was front NS wheel bearing slight play - will endevour to get this adjusted this coming week.
The front swivels are moist, but by no means pouring out.
Other niggles....aerial motor works, but only top section goes up and down.
All windows work, rears are slightly slow.
One rear tyre is an odd make, rest match.
Steering wheel shows signs of wear inconsistent with rest of vehicle
It has had a new injector pump which was built up without the non essential bits, egr, "throttle hold between gear changes"? etc..
Since the work to replace pump and remove immobiliser the heater light is stuck on the dash and the timing belt light will,not reset, not sure if these are related!

Located in Dorset near Sturminster Newton.
Viewings welcome and recommended, if anyone from the forum wants to come and have a look on behalf of someone else and pass comment, please do.
I'll make you a cuppa and might get the biscuits out....
£7000

Pics here pre interior clean:-
http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/49493-Across-from-the-dark-side
More pics available if required.

I am interested. I would PM you but i am new to forum and have not worked that bit out. Perhaps you could PM me and we will take it from there.

I am some way from you so may look to have someone look at it- anyone out there!!

Hi Stan, is this still for sale please?, I can not PM you as new member, so hope you see this!, or if some nice member could let him know for me would be very kind.

If you see this please can you get in touch, thank you for now.

Thanks Joinerman, very kind.

Have a good one tomorrow!.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Quick bump for the sale, must make an effort to sell it :whistle:

It's just had a fresh timing belt and tensioner, one that came off was barely worn, backing up it's history.

Oh and the wheel bearing adjusted.

Last edited:
Are the dash lights etc sorted yet? Presume the ABS, airbags lights, etc, are okay? Looking to upgrade for a nicer 80...

Good evening - I am hoping my mechanic can squeeze it in for a quick check of earths tomorrow and then delve deeper if required.
No other lights are on/stay on and there is no untoward effects of these two lights staying on...
I'll also try and get some pictures of underneath at the same time if his ramp is free
I took some extra pics a few weeks ago:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44718474@N02/sets/72157640077011103/

Main issue for me is that I need to take any vehicle through a local import test (to the Isle of Man) - which is essentially an SVA type test - my current 80 passed its MOT a few weeks before I bought it - and failed on a number of items when it came to the local test. You live and learn and (hopefully) don't get bitten twice.

In this instance, still interested in continuing conversations though, mate :)

Bob - looking for a tidier one as a long term keeper. Kind of like the Holy Grail...

Back