Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota MLA loss avoidance programme

devonnick

Hi all

I have had a b****y nightmare with the AC system on my 1993 80 Series HDJ Landcruiser - and it is not over yet :(

There are three references to the MLA programme within this forum, but I wanted to find out how often Toyota will give a special price to keep an old vehicle on the road and what discount levels they can provide.

Having repaired the aluminium AC pipe running along the bulkhead (a nightmare!) and replaced the condenser, I know have to fit a new compressor (part number 88320 60560). I ordered a unit from Australia, but the pulley sticks out too far and so the belt is not running straight. My local Toyota dealer told me about the MLA scheme, but could not tell me the rules under which it operates or the discount. I know that Toyota will go up to 80% discount for total loss avoidance following an accident, so I am hoping the MLA discounts are similar. The compressor is £715 list with VAT at the main dealer, which is a big percentage of the vehicle value.

Has anyone used this scheme and know more about how it operates, or even better, anyone that works in it?

Cheers

Nick

It's not something i've heard of before. Are you doing hte work on the A/C system yourself or is someone doing it for you? The A/C compressor is usually something fairly easy to replace with a quality part without having to resort to Toyota

Some myself and some at my local garage. The issue I have found ordering the correct parts is that there may be more than one variant. For example the pulley assembly on the front of the AC compressor comes in 2 sizes, with the larger one being 95mm deep and too big for my vehicle, but the part I ordered was for my chassis number. The same with the condensor; the garage fitted the one I ordered and it is too thin, so I then find out there is a wider one. It's hard without having access to the Toyota parts list for my chassis/reg numbers.

Is there anywhere that 'Jo public' can access the specific chassis/reg no part numbers online?

yes I've used MLA, on an airbag control unit, can't remember the prices but fitted was a lot cheaper then buying the part.

Had various parts for my 80 too.

Basically the dealer submits to Toyota what part it is and the Labour time, Toyota comes back with a price. Don't know to what extent of parts are covered or the discount level.

I think the idea is the repair is done at the dealer tbh. Mine doesn't but i have a very good relationship with my local dealer.

I pay a Labour charge but it's not book time or price.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Maybe our friendly Toyota Parts Manager - Simon Holton - can provide some details ??

Steven Eagell Toyota Northampton
Simon Holton, Parts Manager,

Ferris Row
Riverside
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN3 9HX
T: 01604 788300
E: [email protected]

Simon's Direct Line: 01604788308 (on Speed Dial !).

Bob.

Thank you for all your replies. Yesterday I (eventually) received an email from my local Toyota dealer quoting me an MLA price of £506 for the AC compressor (88320-60560) and fitting, including VAT. A full price unit alone was £600 + VAT, so it was a good concession. However, I had by then found a 2nd had unit from 80breaker and so long as it works it will be 1/3rd the price.

I have learned some good lessons while sorting my AC out. Firstly, if your aluminium ac pipe that runs along the bulkhead is corroded and leaking , these are not available anymore - I looked globally. But Northampton radiators can weld up your existing unit. Secondly, lots of suppliers sell parts for 1990 to 1998 vehicles and yet the AC parts differ if you have a 12 or 24 valve, so check carefully. Finally, I used Nissens for both my radiator and condensor and both units were of high quality and fitted easily

Back