Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TOYOTA PRADO 120 SLIMLINE II ROOF RACK KIT - BY FRONT RUNNER

garygiles1963

Hi

Due to a nice PPI surprise a project I had planned for next next can be brought forward.

I been looking at this as an upgrade.

TOYOTA PRADO 120 SLIMLINE II ROOF RACK KIT - BY FRONT RUNNER.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...full-cargo-rack-front-runner-slimline-ii.html

Help to improve the mounting of my Foxwing, also want to add lights for sides and rear.
Appreciate any thoughts and feedback on the above. Does anyone else have Front Runner rack?

G.

Ive got one and love it. Only slight issue I have with mine is it sits a little higher than I’d prefer.

Thanks Mark, I was hoping to have a bracket made so I can slide a pair of Waffle Boards underneath. So you think it will be possible, there 50mm think?

G.

obviously mines on a 90 so i'm not sure if the space would be the same on the 120 but i have enough room to undersling recovery boards. Easily 50+ mm of room. Frontrunner do a table that slides into underslung brackets so something similar would work well.

At the moment my recovery boards are on top.

coming up 4 years now since I got it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yeah they are, but I'm hoping it will give me more options on mounting stuff, like lighting.

Why do you want to put 60kg on the roof, when you can mount waffle boards, lights and awning on bars that weight almost nothing in comparison ?

I've got a front runner roof rack. Bloody excellent. Expensive yes but well worth the money IMO. Obviously it depends what you use your vehicle for, but if you need the extra real estate for roof tents/ spare wheels/ roof boxes/ awnings (as you mention) then I think they are worth it. You won't need to buy another roof rack ever again.

re. the sand ladders - personally I couldn't fit sand ladders under my roof rack, but then mine are quite deep sand ladders. I guess it depends on the brackets and the shape of the roof.

GeekO

I also have the Foxwing awning. With the present bars, i'm 10cm over recommended gape between the front of the awning and the 1st mounting bracket. Its probably ok, but I would feel better with the correct mountings.

G

I have one on my 150 but it's on the factory roof rails so I can remove it if I feel the need too. I absolutely love it.
What I like is the fact that I can get on the roof to dump stuff in a roof bag as well as strap stuff down when it's to large to fit inside like a Xmas tree.

Nick

thanks, how long have you had the rack?

Since we have had the truck - so 8 years, including 2 expeditions. and still as good as when we got it, albeit a little scuffed up. Like Hamba says its great to be able to climb up there to put stuff into roof boxes, plus its nice to climb up there to admire a great view with a cuppa or a beer....

Geeko

I also have a roof box which I have a present.

Sure. There are some great reasons to put a roof rack in. Just playing the other side a bit, and raising that issue. You are going to be putting a lot more weight in - this is going to have an impact on driving and stability as well.
If you want to alarm yourself, have a look at the manual and see what the book says about weight on roof :)

Even a roof tent, while I dont have one, would seem easier to put on bars.

Back