Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Track rod end dust covers/boots

Dave_S

Hi all

Got my new suspension through today but remembered that I have a couple of track rod end rubbers split, so may as well sort that at the same time. The joints are fine, its just the rubbers that have split. Anyone know the genuine part number off hand? I fitted generic ones a couple of years ago (I know, I know...) but they've not lasted so I want to go with original now.

Thanks all

Dave S

Nah, you can definitely get them separately - someone on here posted a part number a while back, but I cannae find it again :(

I know the feeling. Somebody posted a picture of some rocking horse droppings and I can't find that :icon-biggrin:.

I know the feeling. Somebody posted a picture of some rocking horse droppings and I can't find that :icon-biggrin:.

imagesWZHA3COJ.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
rubber boots does it have to be from toyota? ive used those on ebay, no problem at all just match the size and they come with the locking rings, cant be easier

Hi Wilc - thats what I did last time, and they didn't last long, hence thinking original equipment. I'll find them, may just take a little digging :think:

Just trying to help Dave. I looked in toyodiy in case you could not access it yourself. The part number you quote is not listed for an 80 but it might fit. It's listed for other Toyotas though. I would go to the dealer, which I do if I don't know, rather than rely on something I read on the internet. :icon-biggrin:.

Not OEM just what I ve used in the past with no problem at all

Just trying to help Dave. I looked in toyodiy in case you could not access it yourself. The part number you quote is not listed for an 80 but it might fit. It's listed for other Toyotas though. I would go to the dealer, which I do if I don't know, rather than rely on something I read on the internet. :icon-biggrin:.

Cheers Frank - sorry if I was a bit snarky. As I said, I am sure someone on here quoted the OEM number at some point, but I can't find it. TBH may go with Rough Trax for now, if it buys me another year or two...

Back