Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Traitor from the Volvo forums..... and oil catch can project

ColBos

Country Flag
uk
Evening all.

Having been an avid contributer to the Volvoforum.org.net having owned an 2008 XC90 for the last 4 years, I find myself excitedly here having bought a 2009 J150 LC5 - with 75k on it. Lovely.

Im a mechanical modder (to make it better than cosmetic) and like to post what I do if it helps others with there cars.

Ill be spending the next coiuple of nights reading pats posts with my wallet firmly closed ! (though I am orocing up an Oil Catch can system as I type.

So far I've narrowed this down to getting the Mann Hummel Provent 200 with all the pipes and clamps to approx £155. after a decent clean of the EGR internals area, I think this mod will be good for long term cleanliness. The EGR and intake clean was part of my yearly maintenance with the Volvo, amongst other things. Im hoping to save on that job by this mod!

I look forward to interacting with you all over the years.

Colin

welcome and congrats on the 150. Different in many ways to the XC90s.:)

welcome and congrats on the 150. Different in many ways to the XC90s.:)

Indeed. The XC was my taste of 4x4... I progressed to the 'Daddy' of them all quickly...

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome Colin, I've for a long time thought it wasn't a good idea to mix soot and oil in a warm place. Will be watching with interest as I have a 120 and don't know the state of the inlet tracts ( daren't look more like).
The 80 in the pic doesn't have EGR on it and the inlet manifold and ports are clear, just a thin film of oil from the mist.

Back