Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transformer overland camper

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
First things first… sorry! It’s a Land Rover! But please, bear with me. The design and time this thing takes to put up and pack away is amazing. Genius in fact. I do believe he’s thought of pretty much everything and kept it simple to use.

Now, if only it were done to a Landcruiser…
KARL!! :)

i spoke to a mate couple of years ago about this rich. i saw it on fb.

watch this space. there maybe a few changes happening next year

That’s mad and brilliant at the same time :clap::clap::dance:

“We were motivated” I liked that...:thumbup:

I like it, he definitely makes profit of every single inch of space....I also love Defenders.

Overly complicated and ridiculously heavy for not much gain i reckon , still claustrophobic as hell .

If i was gong to invest that much in it , without much thinking , the side would fold down to give me a full size bed under canvas and the kitchen would be mounted on the tailgate , again under canvas . Leaving the main body of the truck free to fit a fixed shower and a comfortable seating area .

Bravo to the guy though he knew what he wanted and made it happen , nobody can fault that :clap:

I think I agree. It's a classic case of function over form. It's a fantastic example of something superbly done that I just wouldn't give house room to. Great ideas, but in some ways a complete compromise on everything.

Hats off to them though. I'm not saying I like suffering, but one of the reasons I travel in my 80 is because I like the outdoors. If I didn't I'd buy a caravan or a motor home. The only advantage that this really brings is when the weather is bad. At which point I stick the Foxwing up with the sides.

But again, well done to them for the innovation.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mr Star and a few others wanted to lift there roof tents off could not his bed system not be used to the same effect would need a few small pulley blocks a fair bit of cable and a small atv winch agree with the complicated comments and it looks bloody heavy and with a kid growing up with them they will soon run out of space but as long as it suits them

Its similar tech that you've been able to buy on motorhomes for years. Kinda cool, but not for me. I think for the cost of the build you could have been a good way to buying and converting a small overland truck.

I’m with Shane, if he wanted to go to those lengths he needs a bigger vehicle, there no adequate space for clothing, tools, sores etc etc. It’s just a flight of fancy by someone too clever for their own good!

Mr Star and a few others wanted to lift there roof tents off could not his bed system not be used to the same effect would need a few small pulley blocks a fair bit of cable and a small atv winch agree with the complicated comments and it looks bloody heavy and with a kid growing up with them they will soon run out of space but as long as it suits them
They’re selling it, no room for 3

each to their own i say. personally i love it though. if you could get from the cab into the back it would be even better imo.

after doing scotland with some shite weather this would have just done the job for us.

Obviously if it was built on a cruiser. i have 0 interest in landrovers....

It looks like there is access from the cab Karl. It’s more what could be built on the back of a pickup than an 80 really though I suppose it could be done.

My trailer could easily be mounted on a pickup bed instead .

33485-2cf35df30f92db90441f4d159c2084af.jpg

ive got the pick up project on the go rich and have a jiffy truck box body sat waiting. i like the fridge body that rich sims has but ive never seen one pop up for sale.

Look at Shayne’s trailer photo, it’s ace!

There’s a slide-out stage on the left and a band pops up and starts playing so you can have a dance...

Brilliant bit of kit :bow-blue:

Lol Clive its not that good but there's beauty in its simplicity , all sorts of improvements have been thought up but nothing done because ........................ it has everything we need already .

Although not my bag, i admire the obvious thought and effort gone into the project.
Personally cant see the point in pop topping an 80, there just isnt the room imo.
i do keep casting an eye over demountables though.
converting an 80 into a chassis cab is pretty simple.
on the other hand, i do actually enjoy camping. So will probably stick with the rtt for at least the time being.

Back