Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Traveling Home 3-5 November, Crazy idea?

garygiles1963

Hi

Hoping to do a trip, which might mean travelling back between 3-5 November. With all that's going on and being talked about, is it a crazy idea?

Appreciate your thoughts?

Gary

Ask a Remainer and your likely to be imprisoned at every border for years and raped daily until your shot , a Brexiteer doesn't care , but i know if i could ask my mum she would say don't be bloody stupid people will still be people and nobody actually dealing with travellers face to face will get paid any extra to make things difficult .

There'll probably be a fair bit of disruption at the ports, but this will mainly be for trucks so hopefully shouldn't hold you up too much. Best to be sure that all your documents (green card, V5 etc.), oval GB sticker, beam deflectors, first aid kit, triangle etc. are present and correct in case you come across a gendarme that's still miffed about Waterloo. :)

p.s. might be worth taking an IDP as well: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/identity/international-driving-permit

Last edited:
The Brexit Scare mongering reminds me of New years Eve 1999... When everyone was telling us the Electronics in computers would not be able to Handle the change to 2000 And planes would fall from the sky, And ships would get confused and Dive to the Bottom of the Ocean... And Satellites would Clear off into deep space.... And as we all know, What happened was absolutely 'Nowt'... I think you will be fine Gary...... Any way the politicians still wont agree on any thing and it will just roll over to March 2020....:thumbup:

I'd hardly say absolutely nothing happened. I'll have you know one of my garden chairs blew over!

That'l be your 1999 New Years celebrations Chris... Knocked over More like!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not sure why you’d want to come back... but I’m sure the French will be happy to kick any English A#** back over the Channel...

I’d be considering the same but currently they’re telling me the Pet Passport turns into a pumpkin at Midnight on 30th Oct...

The Brexit Scare mongering reminds me of New years Eve 1999... When everyone was telling us the Electronics in computers would not be able to Handle the change to 2000 And planes would fall from the sky, And ships would get confused and Dive to the Bottom of the Ocean... And Satellites would Clear off into deep space.... And as we all know, What happened was absolutely 'Nowt'... I think you will be fine Gary...... Any way the politicians still wont agree on any thing and it will just roll over to March 2020....:thumbup:

Your IT job might have been quiet in the lead up to the millennium. Mine was quite busy. I even went as far as writing stuff on the pages in my ring binder. I don't know what will happen post leave, but I do know the millennium bug analogy is a poor one. It's an excellent analogy of working in IT though. If nothing breaks, people question why they are paying you. If something breaks, people question why they are paying you.

For what its worth I'm working on Brexit prep for my company (lord help me, I'll probably still be doing it this time next year). Anyway, my own view is that there could be a fair bit of travel disruption immediately post-Brexit (if it ever happens, that is) - partly due to new procedures coming into play, but also as I would anticipate that some officials will just be bloody minded. I don't think it will stop travel, but I would certainly factor in possibility of long delays.

Your IT job might have been quiet in the lead up to the millennium. Mine was quite busy. I even went as far as writing stuff on the pages in my ring binder. I don't know what will happen post leave, but I do know the millennium bug analogy is a poor one. It's an excellent analogy of working in IT though. If nothing breaks, people question why they are paying you. If something breaks, people question why they are paying you.
It wasn't suppose to be an Analogy... It was just some lighthearted humour.. And a story about a Plane a Ship, And a satellite... Oh ! and iv never worked in IT. What ever that is...

It wasn't suppose to be an Analogy... It was just some lighthearted humour.. And a story about a Plane a Ship, And a satellite... Oh ! and iv never worked in IT. What ever that is...

Fair enough. It just has been used (badly) as an analogy by a number of proponents for leave with almost the same words, and I am easily confused and lack the Blitz spirit.

Im in Torremolinos for half term, back on 3rd, be interesting to see what its like.

I wonder if the delayed flight compensation will still apply, as its EUlegislation.....

Im in Torremolinos for half term, back on 3rd, be interesting to see what its like.

I wonder if the delayed flight compensation will still apply, as its EUlegislation.....

Interesting question - though most compensation schemes have exemptions for force majeure... guess we'll see!

Doesn't matter if you're a citizen of an EU state. The law applies to all passengers on flights arriving into (as long as the carrier is from the EU) or leaving from an EU state. There is an exemption for "extraordinary circumstances". Section 5 of this doc explains what they are. https://ec.europa.eu/transport/site...ter-enforcement-pax-rights/c(2016)3502_en.pdf

Back