Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Treated myself…

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
On my way home the other day, I don't know what prompted it but I all of a sudden got a real urge for some pork scratchings. I figured I hadn't had any for ages. So, when I got in and settled I had the brain wave to look on eBay.
After very little time indeed these found themselves in my purchases folder:-
IMG_0234.PNG
So yesterday was D day, they arrived! Oh what joy. I deserved a treat. My Christmas present to myself, all to myself. And what a good idea, putting them in a Kilner Jar, so that you don't have to eat a whole packet in one go, and they'll keep fresh for days. I've clearly excelled myself this time.

Twenty four hours on, however and I'm beginning to think it's not such a good idea having such easy resealable unfettered access after all…
IMG_0233.JPG
Oh dear! I have created a monster! No need to eat a whole packet, my foot! I'm just heading towards eating the whole jar full inside 36 hrs, and it's only that long 'cos I don't eat them when I'm asleep!!

Last edited:
Pork scratchings :thumbup: Damn you SC, that's made me hungry! Where's the fridge.

Last edited:
What a nightmare. :scared-eek:

I'm the same with chocolate, if I open a small bar I eat a small bar. If I open a 1k slab, I eat 1kg. Can't stop till it's gone.

I sympathise with you there Rich, and, knowing the state of my teeth, I'd be gummy by now too, eating those things.

Mmmm, I can tase 'em just thinking about it.... :drool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice, we picked a few fresh bags up at the Christmas market in York last weekend, local produce and sell pies etc etc. They were all gone by Thursday lol.

Never would have thought to look on eBay for stuff to eat! You've started something now SC.......you should be on commission! I'm going to have to test some ......purely for quality control purposes of course! :icon-wink:

I'm going to have to test some ......purely for quality control purposes of course! :icon-wink:
I must say it's good of you to step up to the plate (literally) on this one Chadr. It's a thankless task is quality control.

:)

They're not lasting Dervis, that's my only complaint. :)

There is a little ray of light to this that crept in earlier today as I mopped out the remaining dust that was clinging to the inside of the jar. You see, all this time I was thinking that I had consumed a whole kilo of these devilishly tasty tidbits. It turns out the jar contained just 300 g. So I havent eaten as much as I thought I had. :dance:

That means I have far less guilt about ordering a 1kg refill… or was it a 5 kg refill :whistle:

Last edited:
You sound like Pooh bear with his head stuck in an (almost) empty jar of honey, just trying to reach the hard-to-get-at honey trapped in the corners right at the bottom of the jar... :lol:

Your thread made me wonder what edible addiction i might have Rich and i drew a blank . I'm not a lover of chocolate and the world has yet to offer up worthy competitor to the long gone but not forgotten Rowntree's Nutty i liked so much :violin:

And then it dawned on me !

It must be christmas soon which means she will be going to Costco soon and bringing lots of these home :icon-biggrin:

brazilnuts2.png
Honestly she hides them because if i see a pack they are gone :drool:

Ah now Shayne, im in there with you. I can hoover those up until I feel sick!

I have hidden chocolate from Lynn before now. I remember hearing a rummaging sound coming from the kitchen one day so I went to investigate. There was Lynn, all 5 foot of her at full stretch, left knee on the worktop, right foot on the step stool trying to flick chocolate bars out of the top cupboard with a kitchen strainer. I quietly waited on the opposite side of the kitchen with my arms folded until, after several minutes, Lynn began to feel me watching her and slowly turned around with a seriously guilty look on her face.

You sound like Pooh bear with his head stuck in an (almost) empty jar of honey, just trying to reach the hard-to-get-at honey trapped in the corners right at the bottom of the jar... :lol:
Yep. You got it! :lol:

No!
This cannot be.
Read it again.
It is…no, surely not…it is!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!
I'm going to write to…my MP, i don't know, Deirdre, Esther Rantzen, Anybody!!

THIS JUST CANNOT BE TRUE!!
It's just not fair…at all, shouldn't be allowed.

I am bereft!!

Seller is away! :angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

IMG_0242.jpg

How will I cope!!:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

I think I may need counselling!

No!
This cannot be.
Read it again.
It is…no, surely not…it is!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!
I'm going to write to…my MP, i don't know, Deirdre, Esther Rantzen, Anybody!!

THIS JUST CANNOT BE TRUE!!
It's just not fair…at all, shouldn't be allowed.

I am bereft!!

Seller is away! :angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

View attachment 110739

How will I cope!!:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

I think I may need counselling!
Keep calm and eat pork scratchings

Back