Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Triple Charger & Battery

garygiles1963

HI

I'm looking at purchasing Aux battery setup.

Battery, I'm looking at purchasing 2 of the TRANSPORTER ENERGY BATTERIES, which are re-badged Battle Born. Transporter Lithium Iron Phosphate Leisure Batteries - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]. All the reviews on these are excellent, along with a 10 year warranty.

For the Triple Charger, I'm torn between Votronic VBCS 12V Triple Charger 60A DC-to-DC, 40A Mains, 430W Solar, Votronic VBCS 12V Triple Charger 60A DC-to-DC, 40A Mains, 430W Solar - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] along with Remote Control, Remote Control For Votronic VBCS Triple Chargers (LCD-Charge Control S) - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] and the REDARC Manager30 REDARC Battery Management System | Manager30 | BMS1230S2-UK - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club].

The Votronic has a slightly better spec and is cheaper. But everyone has REDARC's installed so well repected and lots of reviews.

Any reccommenddations 3000w inverters.

I would appriciate everyone thoughts on the items above.

Gary

I don’t know a lot about this so forgive me but I’ll add what I did after talking to the Transporter people and another LiPo battery supplier at the motorhome and camping show last Oct.

The cost of the batteries was about £1000 each. your system and specifically your DC to DC charger must be suitable, generally also therefore more expensive. (Luckily mine was).

I weighed it up and bought two AGM leisure batteries with a 5yr warranty for under £150 each. Maybe when that warranty runs out I’ll look again at the technology and see if the price has come down but at the moment they didn’t make sense, even given the advantages at 7x the price.

3000W is one hell of an inverter. I was advise that work on roughly 600W per 100Ah battery. I have a very good 1100W inverter. Impressed with the quality for the price. Maybe they make a bigger one?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GRGKXDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as for DC to DC chargers I know Redarc are recommended. My system is South African and very good with mains, solar inputs as well as 12V but don’t think it is available outside RSA

You might want to outline your intended build and use for those with more experience than me to better comment.

Back