Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trolley Jack Question

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I am looking at an ad for a trolley Jack which is described as being 2 ton. I assume it should read tonne. Would this jack be suitable for lifting my 100 series. Thanks.

I use a 2.5t aluminium jack. It all really depends how you are lifting

2 metric ton is enough for lifting one end, or one side, of the cruiser, if that is the question. Depends on how optimistic the 2t spec is :).
Another important spec is the lifting height, as the cruiser has a long suspension travel. There is no point in a jack that lifts 3-400 mm, as you would have to jack up in several steps to get up to a decent height for working on suspension parts e.g.
I'm using a 2t, long jack, which lifts up to 800 mm (minimum height 135 mm). I think it's the same as Draper 48349. Weighs in at 60-70 kg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have had a seally 3 tonne trolley jack for well over twenty years Clark and other tool suppliers all do the same style jack so have a look around for the best you can afford and can recommend the Clark 6tonne axle stands with the ratchet type adjustable height and the same goes for the axle stands so have a shop around

Back