Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trolley Jack

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
at full extension the first and last option might just reach your axle ;) 320/370mm reach. Not sure what the ground clearance is for the 120 (LB is way higher!) but you might need a few bricks.

Rob said:
Also stability is important so the bigger the base the more stable it will be

Doesn't really matter as you'll still be using axle stands for safety ;)
I've seen a few people (hazard of my mom's job) where people have been under a jacked car which slips off a jack...

A half decent wooden block on the top of the jack helps, can also be good if you are jacking under somewhere a bit questionable.

Don't underestimate a decent bottle jack either, we have been trialing an air over hydraulic jack in the workshops that seems quite good, takes up less room too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Richard Jackaman said:
I've got one of these ones
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...trolley-jacks-bottle-jacks-transmission-jacks

Good piece of kit. Bit of a beast to store if you're short on space though.

Cheers

Did see that one, but it's a bit heavy at 37Kg for the occational use....

Crispin said:
at full extension the first and last option might just reach your axle ;) 320/370mm reach. Not sure what the ground clearance is for the 120 (LB is way higher!) but you might need a few bricks.
Yeah that's why I asked, I have no idea how high I need it to go.

Paul said:
Don't underestimate a decent bottle jack either, we have been trialing an air over hydraulic jack in the workshops that seems quite good, takes up less room too.
Used a bottle jack on Lincomb farm, and it was good, light etc. For home I thinkI would like a trolley version as it does not need to be as portable......

Crispin said:
Rob said:
Also stability is important so the bigger the base the more stable it will be

Doesn't really matter as you'll still be using axle stands for safety ;)
I've seen a few people (hazard of my mom's job) where people have been under a jacked car which slips off a jack...
It does help when jacking on an uneven or sloping surface, like British urban roads ;)

Those are for changing the wheels on shopping trolleys aren't they :mrgreen: :lol:

P.S. (not @ the OP) don't jack from the hockey sticks on the front axle on an 80 use the axle casing.

Jon Wildsmith said:
P.S. (not @ the OP) don't jack from the hockey sticks on the front axle on an 80 use the axle casing.

So showing my ignorance here.... what's the hockey sticks :oops:

TonyP said:
Chris said:
Tony, this one http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... sion-jacks did all the work on Lil Blue. Just for reference.

Chris

Thanks Chris, that's looks the job, just wanted to be sure that I could lift LB high enough, and if it worked for you it sure will for me :cool:

Chris - is that the one you have? Didn't think so - it's like the one I have - yours has a bigger saddle, and was much easier to seat it securely. Guess that needs to be taken into consideration too.

I'm not sure we need a 3 ton jack for the 90s and 120s - probably not even for the 80, but lift height is definitely important as is longevity :lol:

Uhm looks like the one I have. Maybe the top is different. Well it's very like it.

C

Gary Stockton said:
I'm not sure we need a 3 ton jack for the 90s and 120s - probably not even for the 80, but lift height is definitely important as is longevity :lol:

Did you not hear... bigger is better :lol:

Chris said:
Uhm looks like the one I have. Maybe the top is different. Well it's very like it.

C

Well too late now, it been bought, and will be dropped off tomorrow :cool:

Back