Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy 78 - Fitting intermittent wipers?

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
As you owners of older 75s/ 78s know well there are not many mod-cons on these trucks. One “luxury” I would really like to retro fit is an intermittent setting on the wind screen wipers. Factory standard is slow and a smidge faster.

Has anyone retro-fitted an intermittent wiper system? Is it simply () wiring in an additional relay or switch and relay, perhaps spliced off the current wiper wiring? Or is it a much more complicated entire kit and replacement of factory wiper stalk and switch system?
Any thoughts, photos, experiences , etc very welcome.
thanks

I had a look at fitting variable speed to my 79, as I found the correct stalk to do it, but ended up just replacing the original for a new one, it's a VDJ79 so has intermittent, slow and fast. I have a new one surplus to requirements too.

I can check wiring diagrams too for relays etc if you like?

Scott sorry I am not sure if I understand. Your VD79 already had intermittent ? Or you had to fit it?
if your truck didn’t have it then I guess in addition to the new stalk you had to make some changes to a relay or is it all inside the stalk? Sorry if these are basic questions. Cheers.

I use Rainx on my screen pretty much take the need for intermittent wipers away

Scott sorry I am not sure if I understand. Your VD79 already had intermittent ? Or you had to fit it?
if your truck didn’t have it then I guess in addition to the new stalk you had to make some changes to a relay or is it all inside the stalk? Sorry if these are basic questions. Cheers.
It already had the intermittent wipers. I changed the whole wiper/indicator stalk assembly to the LHD type, but initially I bought a new RHD type by mistake.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Scott - ok got it. Mine is LHD too. Thanks
MCozzi and David - hadn’t heard of those. Will give a try. Thanks gents

Back