Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy quarter vent glass window retrofit

PJC58

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
I got a new troopy in Perth earlier this year and failed to specify manual wind windows . The big floppy electric window comes without the Vent glass quarter window which means when you partially open the window at all for breeze it’s flopping around and rattling on corrugations . The integral upright pillar on the old set up between the quarter triangular vent and main window meant main manual wind window was much more stable . Before we head off to Africa ( assuming vaccine works! ) I have this perhaps slightly daft notion of retrofitting that quarter glass window at least on the driver door . Is this viable can anyone say or does it involve dumping the driver door with the electric set up and getting one from an older crashed model that came with manual windows and the very useful quarter vent windows , ideal for direct decent blast of fresh air when you don’t want A/C on . Is there an easy fix for such a project or am I way off ? The doors from the rest of the 70 series seem identical so in theory at least they should be compatible . Toyota dealership network in Africa is pretty good but I prefer the rock solid manual arrangement without the unnecessary ” luxury” of electric gizmos to go wrong . Are doors and their innards available from the auto wreckers ? As you can imagine pricing of the new individual components from main dealer just prohibitively expensive . Any advice welcome .

Back