Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Is there a right hand drive? Also is there anywhere in the UK that sells them?

A Mate is looking to change his LR :shock:

Yes, obviously all of the troopies sold in Aus (and Japan) are RHD. I think its Fottloose4x4 that imports them so try them first I guess. Otherwise, importing one from Japan is an option, but perhaps quite expensive?

Cheers,

Well his LR was £27k and has been in the dealers for the last 8 weeks!!

Paul

Paul_Humphreys said:
Well his LR was £27k and has been in the dealers for the last 8 weeks!!

Paul
Only 8 weeks, so it's one of the more reliable ones then :lol:
Seriously, I think for that kind of money you can get a brand new imported troopy through Footloose (or whoever it is that does the importing).

8 weeks this time :shock: It has only done 24k miles and,

new clutch, twice.
2 rear diffs
front diff
rear prop
front prop
main gear box
2 transfer boxes
all new supension bushes
new brakes
New rear door
new front and rear wings.

Thats the bits I can remember. In the same time I have done a wheel bearing and stub axle!!

Paul

I've dropped a line to these guys and they seem to be able to get Troopies,(76,78,79) from Oz but only in a V8 as 6 cylinder isn't available anymore. I haven't asked a price yet as i'm chasing an auto and I think all 70 Series were manual.

Patrice RYDER
OUTBACK IMPORT
ZA Mathias Sud
26320 Saint Marcel Les Valence
FRANCE
Tel : +33 (0) 4 75 85 10 48

http://www.outback-import.fr
[email protected]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Patrice suggests for an extra cost he can "mate" a 70 Series and an auto box from a wrecked 200 Series et voila! Auto-Troopie

are the output ratios the same as on the manual? if not then you would need to do the diffs as well which is the case on the 80 and 100(i think)

I don't think they are so the cost of doing this probably makes it uneconomical.

Simon, the cost of that V8 is going to make your eyes water anyway, I suspect ;)
The on-the-road price in Aus for a GXL (according to Toyota.com.au) is AU$75k, so nearly £46k before the LC has left Aus shores. Add shipping, taxes and some mark-up for your French agents and.....£??? :shock:

You might as well buy a mint 2007 100 series and kit it out - it'll cost you less all-in :cool:

Wow - that is almost as much as an 80 series from Chequered wotsits :lol: Back to stalking ebay for me. My brother in Oz told me to get my manual licence [long story] and he'd ship one - not looking so crazy anymore.

Back