Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Truck 'O' Saurus returns!

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
As the title, truck back from new mechanique found locally - OK he is a Landrover man through and through, but has done a great job on the list of things I gave him to do!
1.Viscus fan - strip, clean and re-fill with heavier grade silicon oil
2.Change rear body mounts - for new (one wasnt there!)
3.Change rear sway Bar bushes (upper & lower)
4. grease everything!
5.rear diff breather install
6.oil & filter change
7.cooling system flush and upgrade coolant to (not Toyota) pink stuff
8.Change Timing belt and guides
9 Change the 3 belts
10 Change 2 front anti Roll bar links
11.Change front springs to Pedders HD (needed after fitting winch bar)
at this point he found one of the year old shockers weeping - Pedders changed it without question, great service Pedders! I will take a photo when I can to prove its leaking, but difficult to see new oil leaking out over a new shock body......esp in a photo!
I supplied all the bits, and it was all done for a reasonable €390.
20150506_165320.jpg

Ride height (bottom inside wheel rim to body) 80.5cm front and 79cm rear. Looks much better In my opinion.
The viscus fan appears to be on pretty well all the time, but I used 10,000CST oil, so not surprised really!
So far so good, and I am happy I found someone who knows what he is doing!

That's great news, to get rid of the moron you had, breaking more than he fixed, I felt :icon-rolleyes:

Good to get some general maintenance items ticked off too, you'll sleep easier now Steve :lol:

The moron was just the insurance co recommended repairer, boy was he a dick. The prev mech (French) charged me more for fitting than the suspension cost me! He was also the culprit who lost the rear body mount............others I have spoken to are frightened of a 4x4. Its so frustrating - the only other 4x4 guy I found was in perigueux, he prepares lots of trucks for raids into the Sahara etc, but alas, has a waiting list and is expensive :(
The benifit of the new bloke is he is English and appears to know whats what!

Sounds like you've got lucky finding a new mechanic.......that is a very reasonable price for all that work IMHO.

The truck is looking as good as ever. :thumbup:

For all that work it sounds like an absolute bargain :)

indeed, esp when he had to rebuild the suspension to get it back off the lift then strip it again when new shocker arrived a few days later!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back