Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Truely stumped after finding these in front hub

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Hope you well educated 80 men can shed me some light on this.

Started this evening and stripped front hub to replace inner oil seal and found these inside the front hub.
20190803_174039.jpg
the small black pieces are 2 small magnets.

No clicks clunks or weird noises just the comman oil leak and a very mild cv click on full lock.

Thanks in advance

Possibly part of an ABS sensor ? The only thing in the area that would be magnetic .

Not clue I'm afraid. Been staring at this for 10 mins and I can't come up with anything. It looks like some sort of pin almost.

I hadn’t thought of that Grimbo, good one. I do think there would be further evidence though but these may have been left in after a failed sensor though lord only knows how it could have got in such a state. I would expect a load of fine copper wire mangled up in there.
Otherwise I’m as stumped as Chris is.

Never seen inside an ABS sensor, but looking at the tips, I can see that it's a distinct possibility

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not sure Rich. It's the little angle on the tip that reminds me of the ends of the probes sticking out.

It was the remains of an abs sensor. Lord only knows how long its been in there.

Only senario i can think of is many years ago the previous owner must have broke the sensor and no option but to drive it on in to hub to let him or her away. Needless to say didnt follow up and take it out. Anyway panic over thanks lads

It was the remains of an abs sensor. Lord only knows how long its been in there.

Only senario i can think of is many years ago the previous owner must have broke the sensor and no option but to drive it on in to hub to let him or her away. Needless to say didnt follow up and take it out. Anyway panic over thanks lads
Well spotted Grimbo. :clap:

I quite enjoyed this headscratcher.

Back