Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trying to get my wife into an Amazon

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
However her is having none of it at the moment.

Fay does like various 4x4 vehicles, .
Her most favoured at the moment is a RR Sport
Followed by a Mitsi PHEV
Then the 120 series.

Her reasoning is that the Amazon looks too big, and old fashioned, as we would only be looking to buy up to a 2006.
Definitely needs to be the "Wiggle box" which I think were some time in 2004 ? (Please correct if I am mistaken)
So in the looks department, is her maybe partly right, when pitching it against other 4x4's ?

Disregarding the reliability of the RR, her is only interested in looks, and how it feels.
I do show her the odd decent looking Amazon, but not quite budging yet.

Fay does just 9 miles round trip to work and back, so a petrol Amazon is right in the frame.

Graham

Last edited:
However her is having none of it at the moment.

Fay does like various 4x4 vehicles, .
Her most favoured at the moment is a RR Sport
Followed by a Mitsi PHEV
Then the 120 series.

Her reasoning is that the Amazon looks too big, and old fashioned, as we would only be looking to buy up to a 2006.
So in the looks department, is her maybe partly right, when pitching it against other 4x4's ?

Disregarding the reliability of the RR, her is only interested in looks, and how it feels.
I do show her the odd decent looking Amazon, but not quite budging yet.

Fay does just 9 miles round trip to work and back, so a petrol Amazon is right in the frame.

Graham

Ha ha, good luck with Fay Gra, not easy to please sometimes.

I suppose if we don’t hear from you for a time, do we assume the RR Sport won? :lol:

That's an easy one start talking about having a car each - His

105-series-Landcruiser-27.jpg

And hers
Smart-Car-Fortwo-Cancer-Research-Pink-Passion-SN2334h.jpg

Women do compromise when you approach things from the correct angle ;)

Her last Land Cruiser
Red 70 series (3).jpg

Fay loved it, but it was manual, and she doesn't like manual at all.
So auto it has to be.

Gra

What colour does she want. Find an Amazon in the right colour and it’s sorted…no?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well it appears to me that the real issue here is not the car but who wears the trousers... however it is quite simple, just buy an amazon before the beast from the east hits and then tell her she can fkn walk to work if she doesn't want to drive it. Divorce papers are in the glovebox just in case.

You are correct Gra, 2004 was the first of the 5 x speed auto...

Well it appears to me that the real issue here is not the car but who wears the trousers... however it is quite simple, just buy an amazon before the beast from the east hits and then tell her she can fkn walk to work if she doesn't want to drive it. Divorce papers are in the glovebox just in case.
I wear the trousers in our house, whichever ones she tells me to wear :wink:

Find a good Amazon in her favourite colour then buy her matching shoes and handbag.:thumbup:.....
..Seriously though, if she doesn't like the look of the Amazon, for whatever reason, then I think you're on a hiding to nothing. Going on past experience I don't think you can persuade someone to like something they dislike from the outset no matter how good an example it is. I include myself in that statement. JMO

Going on past experience I don't think you can persuade someone to like something they dislike from the outset no matter how good an example it is. I include myself in that statement. JMO
D’you mean you’re still tryin’ to get Mrs Towpack to like you? :?

Just find a V8 Auto 5 speed and get her to drive it Graham. Then try and take it back off her.

Oh and make sure the colour’s right.

I had an uneasy feeling you were going to say that. Now don’t I feel bad?

No need SC. It’s no big deal wether you’re married or single, as long as you’re happy.
Just find a V8 Auto 5 speed and get her to drive it Graham. Then try and take it back off her.

A good call. I drove one and it’s still bugging me how much better than the 80 (for road use) it was.

Last edited:
A good call. I drive one and it’s still bugging me how much better than the 80 (for road use) than the 80 it was.
Another one I have an aching tooth for! Still, Lynn wants a new kitchen, so that’s out. :cry:

I sympathize with your mrs in a way , if we can't buy a 4x4 that looks like it can go places then why not get a hairdressers range rover with its built in pedicure and foot spa .

I tried to convince myself a 100 might work for me because i wanted the power which led me to window shopping and ultimately accepting a 2" suspension lift plus a 2" body lift would allow for 33 inch tyres and give it a bit of road presence . I can't find a good example right now but i liked the look of this one and iirc he was looking to add the body lift to cure rubbing

upload_2018-2-24_23-10-13.jpeg

Show her the pic and she might accept some toys need modifying ;)

We are all different though , i remember your modified 120 , i drove my brothers unmodified one for 10 minutes and found myself wondering if a ford mondeo might suit me better :wtf:

I was going to make a smart arse comment re the need for a step... given my missus is only 5' opening the bonnet is a challenge - the old FJ73 was too tall for her, and she couldn't open it and put it on the stand... The HJ45 isn't as bad, but the tray is a good metre off the ground.

On the other hand, after about 2 weeks I can normally wear her down enough to think that something is a good idea.... that's how I ended up with the HJ45...

Back