Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turbo 700 conversion

HQ383

Country Flag
australia
Hi there , just brought a 60 series with a Small block chev conversion already done. It's got the 5 speed manual in it and me being a lazy bum these days I want to convert it to a turbo 700. Is there anyone who has done it who could post some pictures of the arrangements in the car and underneath so I can gauge what sort of trouble I am going to get myself into

Hi and welcome. Being a Toyota forum I guess not many people will know what you are talking about (700turbo) but I guess you are talking about putting a 700r4 3spd+O/D into a 60 mating it to the 60's transfer box?
Having had Blazers, Tahoe and Suburban I know what you are on about but I don't know the ins and outs of that particular arrangement.
I know you would struggle with the GM transfer box as the diff on the GM axle is in the middle of the axle and the Toyo one is to one side.
More than this I can't help I'm afraid but would be interested to see the outcome.

Hi and welcome. Being a Toyota forum I guess not many people will know what you are talking about (700turbo) but I guess you are talking about putting a 700r4 3spd+O/D into a 60 mating it to the 60's transfer box?
Having had Blazers, Tahoe and Suburban I know what you are on about but I don't know the ins and outs of that particular arrangement.
I know you would struggle with the GM transfer box as the diff on the GM axle is in the middle of the axle and the Toyo one is to one side.
More than this I can't help I'm afraid but would be interested to see the outcome.
Yes thanks that is correct all kits are available from marks adaptors for the tansfer case mating so no issues there, it's just the turbo box is longer so I am wounding how they mounted it and where the hi low gear shifter ended up , was it pushed back or did the linkages just get lengthened

Back