Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turbo swap 1KZ-TE

Nice one Simon i would pay more for a pint of beer in some places than the cost of a couple of gaskets :thumbup:

Last edited:
Just came accross this thread. That turbo does seem cheap!

Just wondering, has anyone fitted a slightly bigger turbo? If yes, what?

Soon need to refurbish mine... this seems like an option worth considering actually.

No sense in going for a bigger turbo on the 1kz-te because fuel cuts out long before you get the most out of the factory turbo . I can't remember now if the ecu cuts fuel at 12 or 14psi but baring in mind from factory the turbo might be set to max boost as low as 6 or 7 psi there's a lot to be gained by adding a boost controller .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No sense in going for a bigger turbo on the 1kz-te because fuel cuts out long before you get the most out of the factory turbo . I can't remember now if the ecu cuts fuel at 12 or 14psi but baring in mind from factory the turbo might be set to max boost as low as 6 or 7 psi there's a lot to be gained by adding a boost controller .

thanks... didn't know about the fuel cut out. Mine is boosting at 0.5bar (approx 7psi). I still need to remove and refurbish my current turbo. You would recommend the one you got right Shayne? For the money its not even worth bothering with the refurbishment.

1588258219356.png

I know there's one in there Bob but i've no idea where , should i start with draining oil and coolant as it seems unlikely i will be able to clamp either feed closed ?
I think the water feed is metal, so unable to clamp ?

Back