Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turbo

Dawn M

Country Flag
australia
Hi, I am having a ground up rebuild on my 1hdft
I'm not sure if to rebuild my original factory turbo or get a new g turbo?
Please let me know your thoughts.

Weighing up all the cost and complications i think i'd opt for a Wink turbo myself which i think is just a refurbed and improved upon factory turbo .

Hi, I am having a ground up rebuild on my 1hdft
I'm not sure if to rebuild my original factory turbo or get a new g turbo?
Please let me know your thoughts.

I’d absolutely go with a better turbo. Stock power is pretty low and it’s well within the engines capability to run a fair bit more.

+1 on the Wink turbo.
It’s on another level compared to stock.
They had a Gturbo that failed prematurely, and then they made it better themselfs.

New turbo. Wink or G.
Next on my list. I really should be spending the money on bodywork, but I've had a taste with the intercooler and want more.

It'll be the fastest heap of shit in North West Staffordshire...

I know what you mean Chapel Gate, I've done the intercooler (not even re-tuned yet) and I feel that the 1hdt has more to give. The Wink turbos look great and I've not seen anything bad about them. It's just a shame they aren't a bit less money..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It'll be the fastest heap of shit in North West Staffordshire...[/QUOTE]
Lol. Ive certainly got Kents version Mike..... Not sure about Fastest 'Tho'

Eeeek rather pricey
When the time comes, I will be going for a refurb/rebuild, of the stock Turbo on my 12v... Iv spoken to some really helpful chaps at Turboworks in Eastborne, They gave some great advise when i had those Turbo woe's on the 120..

If you are on a budget, the best thing money can buy is a used HDJ100 non VNT turbo

I'm not convinced my 24 valve 80 actually needs a bigger turbo , a bigger diameter downpipe and exhaust certainly improved things and i'm of a mind that if an improved compressor wheel would reduce the time the turbo takes to reach max boost then it would put you in the realms of practical , as in usable max power for such a heavy truck .

An intercooler adds about 15 horses so the combined effect should be more fun to drive without having to worry about stopping power .

Back