Tommy345

Country Flag
uk
image.jpeg
Q
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well it's not a Land Rover but it's not a Toyota, bit of work to do before the 80 gets put up for sale, end product will be a medium wheel base 4.2 turbo patrol

With working away it's unfortunatly not going to be a quick project, but that dose give me time to save up for the many many expensive parts I want

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've started with a 4.2 turbo witch is quite rare, however the whole factory turbo system will be goon in the bin.

The 40 belongs to one of my brothers customers, all I know is it's in for an engine conversion, it's having a 1HD-FT fitted

The only thing i never liked about them Patrol's is the front grill and headlight set up , it looks like they copied a kids drawing which is a contradiction in my own thinking because i love it for the full size Tonka toy look :crazy:

Sadly other things have gotten in the way of this build, like my 105, I have still been collecting parts for this project, however it my end up being a MWB ute as the body is in a worst state than I originally thought.

It’s one of the worst things about trolls, a rust free or manageable truck is few and far between.

Looking forward to some interesting developments.

Graham

I think the trouble is they were squarely aimed at the roughnecks and battered around farms and the like so few survived . The 70 series is going the same way whereas the 80 and 90 series were better suited to the urban jungle and so good examples can still be found .

Grab what you can while you can i say as we will soon all be running around on one trip disposable electric skateboards with the way things are going .

And with the money earned from saving the planet we will soon be able to dump all the disposable crap they build nowadays on another planet .

Like the patrol, my neighbour in Queenstown had a LWB high roof version which was huge compared to the 61

A little bit overdue, half of the project Is complete, the body work and some of the mods have been done winch bumper, rear bar, rock sliders, internal roll cage ect.

Next on the list is the begin the engine conversion and paint.

230B77C8-797C-4E1E-99B5-92B4A44FD6CF.jpeg
B7526487-7196-4922-B3E6-50CFFD37131D.jpeg
F134CCC2-97F9-4FCC-B356-8E8525E464A0.jpeg
AB1FCD04-A087-4CEB-8681-06D75509DFC9.jpeg

Don't know how I missed this... but have to say looks simply epic!!! 2nd last pic above is fantastic too, just the coolest looking thing on the road... fabulous!

Back