Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Twas the week before Lincomb......

Beijing Ballie

Country Flag
uk
Hello All
This gearbox shaped light came on yesterday followed by the two VSC lights, the manual just states take to a Toyota Dealer.

I was in the middle of a 124 mile trip and nothing changed with the running of the vehicle so i continued home, it was and still is fine, no odd noises, vibrations etc.

Has anybody any experience with this kind of issue?? I really do not want to take to a Toyota Dealer if I can avoid it.

I intend to disconnect the battery a bit later and leave for a while before reconnecting, small likelihood of it changing however must try, if it reappears has anybody any advice.

All the best
Ballie

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 45
Update:
Disconnected the battery and left for a couple of hours, reconnected and it has cleared?????

Let us see how long that fix lasts...

See you at Lincomb

You need to read the codes if it comes back. There's any number of things that can cause the check engine light so codes are essential.

I had a similar problem with the same lights that took 12 months to diagnose/fix - and that was with the fault code. (P0500 if anyone is interested - speed sensor issue).

My fault code would clear each time the engine was turned off, but would come back after driving for about 30 seconds!

I used to have a 55 plate Rav4 and I got all the lights u have including the eml light.
Turned out to be a turbo pressure sensor.
Again we just deleted the light and occasionally came back on but most of the time the car drove better with lights on.
Just one of many strange things it can be if no symptoms.

The problem is that just having those lights on disables VSC, cruise control etc, so even if its drives OK you have some systems disabled...

When it happened to me, the car was driving fine, but I didn't have cruise control which I use all the time, so it was ******* annoying!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The problem I had with the rav4 was on a motorway at hi revs it would come on and go into limp mode.
Easy fix just pull over and restart the engine and car seems perfect even with the eml on
Strange thing was I could put cruise control on and it drove normal even at hi revs.
Very strange but it just drove that way for some strange reason.

I got used to it in the end and just built up speed gradually and very really done it that way.

Back