Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Twin battery set up in the UK spec Colorado

Jay Dubblyuh! Nice to see you punk :)

Not checked voltages tbh, just assumed they were knackered :-/ And as for jump leads, have always applied clamps & spun wheels! Jump leads look in good order, terminals are a tad greasy but nothing ridiculous... Jumped the beast twice without issue last week, no dice this week :-(

Stupid cars :rage:

OK daft maybe, but most jump leads only have a connection to one jaw on the crocodile clip. Sure they are connected at the hinge but just saying it's worth looking at the jaws to make sure that the one with the cable connection is well mated to the terminal.

Will certainly have a butchers at them tomorrow but they've worked A-Ok twice... That'd be a fncker if they've failed :rage:

Mine's got a single battery, one of these at the moment https://carbatteries-online.co.uk/product/bosch-s4028-car-battery/ although it's now knackered again.
I've owned the car 9 years now and the battery has always been an issue and would generally only last a couple of years. The current one was replaced under warranty after two or three years but this one will now not hold a charge for more than a day or so when the weather gets down near freezing. I only use it once or twice a week and on occasions where it's been parked up for more than say two weeks the battery will go completely flat, from what I've read it could be a Toyota alarm issue draining the battery.
On Gav's problems, make sure all the battery terminals and connectors are clean (use a wire brush or emery paper) and tight and the top of the battery is clean and the cables insulated from the top of the battery case. I also fitted an extra earth lead to the engine.
As for jumping, how big was the battery you used and was the other car running? Also due to the amount of current needed to start these cars you need a decent size set of jumpers with very good clips or you will have problems. if you are worried about the engine being seized then try and turn it over using a spanner on the crank pulley, a frozen engine won't seize, until it heats up and loses water, it should, in theory, turn easier unless as has been said the pump is frozen solid and seized.

Chris covered my thoughts about the jump leads and if you don't get the expected result it's usually worth checking the voltages before and during cranking. Fingers crossed you just needed to jump it properly :)

Also worth checking if the terminals get overly hot, sometimes the cables go bad or loose inside them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I brought the charger in to work this morning - this has been the other complication that the car is stuck in my work car park!!! - to give it a last throw of the dice... Lobbed it on ~08:00hrs with a view to trying it ~14:00hrs...

Just been down & off she went on the button :dance::dance::dance: Was holding 13.5v on the tester; forgot to ask what it dipped to when I cranked it in the excitement :doh:

So, I'm happy that it will run with the one battery now & we'll have to see if it lasts overnight as to whether a new one is required...

Thanks for the input guys, all much appreciated :thumbup:

Back