Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre size question

mr_magicfingers

New 120 owner ('05 LC4 d4d) and looking to change the cheap road tyres as we live on a farm, tow livestock trailers across fields occasionally and have a lot of mud/water on the roads over the colder months, I'm looking at BFG K02's which seem well regarded.

Most people seem to go for the slightly larger 265/70/R17 instead of the stock 265/65/R17. Could someone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of that please. Suspension is stock and I don't have any lifts etc on the truck, though you never know what might happen if the suspension has to be upgraded one day.

New 120 owner ('05 LC4 d4d) and looking to change the cheap road tyres as we live on a farm, tow livestock trailers across fields occasionally and have a lot of mud/water on the roads over the colder months, I'm looking at BFG K02's which seem well regarded.

Most people seem to go for the slightly larger 265/70/R17 instead of the stock 265/65/R17. Could someone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of that please. Suspension is stock and I don't have any lifts etc on the truck, though you never know what might happen if the suspension has to be upgraded one day.
I changed mine for bf Ko2 265/70/17 coz they were cheaper than the 65s at the time in late 2015 , and it gave me a 13mm lift over the 65s . I keep them at 40 psi instead of the stock tyres 29psi as the stiffer sidewall ko2s do better at a higher psi .

+1 on the BFG's @ 70 profile. That said I'm running GG AT2's on my 120 which I'm more than satisfied with and would consider the GG AT 3's as an alternative to the BFG AT Ko 2's. Like Tony's mine are 70 profile, I think they fill the arch better and with standard suspension they don't catch anywhere.

Back