Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre Size?

Umar

Country Flag
uk
The standard tyres on my collie are 265/70/16 and I've seen some wheels for sale which have 285/75/16 tyres fitted, I'm going to be running standard ride height do you think the tyre size will be problem?

thanks

They won't fit a standard truck but yours is lifted already ?

Pm Sag he might swap his standard suspension for yours if it's not to late . By the way post office wouldn't take that bonnet guard because it's a whole 10mm too long :lol: fekin Idjets so I had to find a courier and the price came in at under a fiver but I still can't send it because iPads are almost as good as square wheels and I need to print a label . Hopefully I will have a proper computer tomorrow .

Thanks Shayne much appreciated, you still need to send me you paypal address.

btw I've got the standard suspension it just needs swapping over.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think 265/75/16 are about as big as you can go on standard suspension. Even then it can rub on lock - for example I have a 40mm SL and am running 265/75s and they rub on the mud flaps on full lock. Nothing serious and something that a hot air gun would sort out pretty quickly - doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

It's a bit "suck it and see" as every cruiser seems to be slightly different - some people have fitted 265/75s on standard suspension without ANY issues.

However, if you want to run 285/75s then you really need to consider a SL and perhaps a combination of other mods - body lift/wheel spacers/castor adjustment/inner arch trimming etc.

Good Luck.

So its a passion wagon your after :lol: nothing wrong with that mate , you might want to take a look at Beau's truck he has something like 22" alloys with low profile tyres , no suspension lift and angel eye headlights .

Back