Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre sizes - LJ70

Sunil

Country Flag
uk
hi all,

Wanted to change tyres on my LJ70...not sure with sizes. A good friend suggested BFG all terrain... park

Many thanks

What size are you running now ? And where do you intend to take the truck?

I will post your pic here Sunil because "what tyres" often relates to other modifications

123589-d957844af9c406ce159d24452228e756.jpg

Bigger tyres sap power , the lack of which you have already mentioned regarding your 2lt so i think personally i would be looking to either change the wheels or add wheel spacers before thinking about changing the tyres because bringing them out flush with the body always alters things quite significantly from a visual point of view .

hi all,

Wanted to change tyres on my LJ70...not sure with sizes. A good friend suggested BFG all terrain... park

Many thanks
My 70 was on bfg at s in 31 10.50 15 on the original chrome rims. Towed stock cars and bangers all over the place and was never any problems. Tyres lasted ages . Were almost new when I brought it and sold with them on 7 yr's later.

IMG_4744.JPG IMG_4743.JPG Hi Guys,

I intend to drive mainly on tarmac...with a bit of off road. The tyre size seems to have thrown me a bit. See pics attached.

Hi Gav,

Your tyre size is the correct one as I've measured them. What would that translate to because that is an old metric? Pardon me if the question is a silly one.
My 70 was on bfg at s in 31 10.50 15 on the original chrome rims. Towed stock cars and bangers all over the place and was never any problems. Tyres lasted ages . Were almost new when I brought it and sold with them on 7 yr's later.
View attachment 124829 View attachment 124828 Hi Guys,

I intend to drive mainly on tarmac...with a bit of off road. The tyre size seems to have thrown me a bit. See pics attached.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
265/? /15

Hi Gav,

Your tyre size is the correct one as I've measured them. What would that translate to because that is an old metric? Pardon me if the question is a silly one.

Hi Gents,

Impulsively I've bought an LJ70 from eBay, it got delivered today. I would like to put some tyres on more compliant to road use. I believe these are the original rims, I took this picture into my local tyre place but they priced for same tyre and kwik fit said need to see the car. The bracket is loose on the exhaust and I might add spacers but are they easy to get?

I may of bought a as it's rough inside but the engine ticks over nicely.

IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0233.PNG IMG_0231.JPG

Back