Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyres

80 series

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi all , just been looking at km2's , currently running 285/75/16 AT's ,been mega happy with these (no punctures , as expected ) been to Morocco and back +south of France a few times , tread starting to get low now and looking at replacement options ?, I don't like road noise at cruising speed that's why I chose AT's originally .
Got s 2"lift on my truck and would consider a bigger lift but don't want it to look too over sprung ?a larger tyre may be an option but could play havoc with gearing and mpg ?.
Any thoughts guys/girls .

I also have KM2's, they have been good. Sounds like you need more of a All Terrain tyre, many people like the BFG All Terrain on this board.

Sorry , using the app on smartphone and tried to start thread and pressed wrong tab (as you do )

I'm running KM2s at the moment. Only put them on because of the recent (deep) snow we've had.

That's all gone now so I have to consider putting the GG ATs back on.

KM2s are a but growly for asphalt IMO, and decidedly not the best in wet asphalt conditions.

I want some BFG ATs to replace the GGs but the buggers just won't wear out!:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have BFG AT & BFG KM2 in 285/75/16, if you don't like road noise my advice would be to stick with the AT, KM2s develop a hum after the first few thousand miles (I've actually had two sets of brand new KM2s one on each of the Land Cruisers in my signature line).

The KM2 is a great all rounder considering its aggressive tread pattern, but for touring around Europe and Morocco my first choice is the AT. Before a bought the ATs I did two trips to the Pyrenees on the KM2s, and after enduring the hum on the long motorway stretches there and back, I bought the ATs.

I've had five sets of BFG tyres over the years, on a number of different 4WDs and they are very long lasting and puncture resistant. The size comes down to your intended usage and personal taste, although you have to be planning on getting quite adventurous to need larger than the 285/75/16.

I'm running KM2s at the moment. Only put them on because of the recent (deep) snow we've had.

That's all gone now so I have to consider putting the GG ATs back on.

KM2s are a but growly for asphalt IMO, and decidedly not the best in wet asphalt conditions.

I want some BFG ATs to replace the GGs but the buggers just won't wear out!:lol:

Well I'm running bfg's now Clive , just after opinions ?.

I don't do too many kms on asphalt (or otherwise) TBH which is why my GGs are lasting forever! I've gone for wide just because I like the look, I'm not convinced either way on the performance characteristics, wide over narrow or narrow over wide, but it makes for a good debate! :lol:

I like to scrabble up steep and muddy tracks, and the KM2s do just fine at that!

Fair comment Clive , we're moving at Easter down to the Dordogne , I may consider having 2 sets for when I go playing in the Pyrenees

Well, IMO ATs are better for asphalt generally, and quite capable for doing light offroad. I got the GGs at the right price, but when my offroading got more extreme, well rockier really, I found I was losing tyres due to the side walls being weak. Also the clay in my area is so thick that ATs soon bunged up and wouldn't spin it out, so the AT2s came along and I fell in love with BFGs.

That's why it'll be BFG ATs next time.

Fair comment Clive , we're moving at Easter down to the Dordogne , I may consider having 2 sets for when I go playing in the Pyrenees 

oohh, missed this thread! When you get here or before, pm me for a BBQ !

Will do Steve , place called palisse near Riberac !
Mark.

Blimey, thats only 30 mins from us! We have lots of customers in Riberac and the local area, in fact we were there today, and back tomorrow (at Bourg du bost 2 mins from you.) What are you going to do once youre here?
PM me for info on the area if you want - been here 12 years and hate every min :)

Steve

Me and the Mrs coming over +2 horses and our Boxer dog Taz !!, initially going to commute back and forth to London then steadily start doing my own stuff over there , will more than likely get fed up of the weather /slow pace of life and want to move back to this rat run , I take it your into overlanding with 4x4 then ?!!

Have you retired then Steve ?,I'm a joiner /shop fitter ,we do the pret a manger coffee shops in London +all over the UK Inc Scotland !

you jest! We run a garden & pool business - been here for 12 years - just starting up mad season! hang on thread drift...............sorry chaps!

blush :oops:
BBQ is always on for intrepid Toyota landcruiser folk!

Back