Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tyres.

al/c

Country Flag
uk
anyone recommend a good set of at tyres for standard wheels and a 2.5 pedders lift kit please.:think:.

I cant say for sure because i dont own a 100 series but i imagine you should be looking for 285/75's .

BFG KO2 are a popular choice but you dont tell us what kind of use you put your truck to ?

I cant say for sure because i dont own a 100 series but i imagine you should be looking for 285/75's .

BFG KO2 are a popular choice but you dont tell us what kind of use you put your truck to ?
My Missus says ' get some round rubbery ones' and some springy things.. Sorry but joking apart, like Shayne says 'What are you using it for'... BFGs are popular off roading etc .....:thumbup:

mostly road use, a bit of towing which sometimes includes going through fields.:thumbup:

My 100 series had newish KO2s on it when I bought it a year ago. 20K+ miles later of similar use to yours and they are down to about 9mm front/10mm rear.

My 100 series had newish KO2s on it when I bought it a year ago. 20K+ miles later of similar use to yours and they are down to about 9mm front/10mm rear.

I had the BFG KO on my 120 series, they had done around 60,000 miles when I sold it, probably only 60% worn.
Amazing tyres.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

If by "standard" you mean 16's then 285's would look the do dahs. Everyones got an opinion on tyres but I sway towards BFG AT KO2's everytime, as on Jacobs they look the business.

As above - BFGs, or Cooper SSTs if you want to save a few quid. Ran both, like both. Coopers you'll maybe get 30,000, BFGs maybe twice that, but more expensive to start. Both excellent in a range of conditions.

found bfg,s at £165. fitted or general grabbers at3 for £150 fitted, locally. cheaper than black circles and the like. :think:

going to bite the bullet and get the bfg,s. more expensive but seem to have better reviews.:thumbup:.

I just replaced 2 cooper discovery’s on my prado did 94000ks and still tread left,

have ordered 5x bfg,s. getting fitted wednsday. they are also taking the tyres off my 19" rims so i can store them or sell them. happy days

How much did the AHC replacement set you back if you don’t mind sharing? Did you do it yourself or take it somewhere?

Jan at Uk 4x4 Norfolk cb Centre can supply both pedders standard and lift kits for the 100 theirs another workshop that will fit it for you near by, makes a big difference when towing.

I take it you’ve had it done, Ted? If so are you towing with a standard or lift kit? My system is working fine and I quite like it but at some point I reckon it will need overhauling or replacing.

I have the standard set now. no difference from the AHC but the guy who fitted it said the lift or heavy duty is very good at towing and does not let the trailer take over the truck when braking and still sits the same so it looks right.

i fitted the pedders lift kit myself, hardest thing was removing the old shocks, still got to remove some of the original parts but i,m massively impressed so far. :dance:

Back