Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UJs grease

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi what grease is everyone using for the UJs? The manual says NLGI No 2 Lithium grease, just wonder what brand is good and hoping experience from this forum can help identify the most suitable one. Thanks

i just use multi purpose greasy grease. I'd suggest the frequency of greasing is more important than the spec. I think I've only ever replaced one UJ on all the cruisers I've ever owned and that came to me like that your honour.

NLGI 2 Lithium grease in the standard UJs, molybdenum disulphide grease in the double cardan joint and prop-shaft sliders is what I use. The sliders don't need much, if you overdo it the grease can't get out and can lock up..

the lithium complex greases are much better, far more water resistant and not that much more expensive.

I just use a multi purpose grease from the auto parts store - I'm sure you're meant to use a certain type but I do it every year or about 5,000km

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Same here. Multi Purpose. I had a UJ replaced recently. Probably my fault as I didn't use the LC that often. Used every day now.

Back