Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrading rim and tyre size - 80 series

lockie

Country Flag
australia
feel free to direct me to the correct thread, but my question is - I’ve got a 1992 80 series and I’ve got the stock 31x10.5R15 rims and tyres on it, I’ve got my hands on a set of stock later model rims (16”) And I want to know has anyone used these rims with a set of 305x70R16s (or something similar)??
Do they scrub any where? Do I need to get some rims with a negative offset?
So many questions... so little knowledge... please enlighten me

305/70/16 will give you a little under 33” rolling diameter and depending on the rim offset, you may have some fouling at the back of the front wheels, where they turn close to the front of the sills (by the mud flaps if you have them) if you don’t have a suspension or body lift.

Others will know better maybe, so don’t take my word for it. All 80’s by now will be riding at different heights depending on how their springs have coped with the last 23-25 years, so the only real way to answer your question is to fit them and see.

With the standard springs and OEM wheels I'd say you would get away with some 30mm spacers (if you are allowed them).

thanks guys, I probably should have mentioned I'm running a fresh 75mm lift all round :relaxed:
if I can score some cheap rims with a -13 offset then I will (-13 and -22 offset seem to be the most common) otherwise... I'm just going to go for it!!

thanks guys, I probably should have mentioned I'm running a fresh 75mm lift all round :relaxed:
if I can score some cheap rims with a -13 offset then I will (-13 and -22 offset seem to be the most common) otherwise... I'm just going to go for it!!

Should be no problem with a lift IMO.. :thumbup:

Im running standard toyota 16" alloys with 315/75/16 with a 3" lift with no rubbing so far

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back