Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upholstery Replacement

Dave W

Country Flag
united_states
OK, so this is a shot in the dark... I live in CA and have an HZJ80 cruiser that was imported to states. The lower front seat covers were replaced prior to my purchase and I would love to find some of the original blue upholstery to recover them properly. Does anyone know where I could possibly find some? I have attached a photo of the color I am looking for.
Thanks!
Dave W

002.JPG 002.JPG

Cloth trims tend to be lower spec models in the 80 series not that common to find and not sure what you have there tbh in your truck.

Europe had all leather trim in the 80 VX models and japan had more cloth trims like mine being an export.

Being in the USA and sold as the 450LX may be better to look locally to see what you’ll find and yet from what I’ve seem the two years they sold there being 95-97 they all had leather so don’t know what you have tbh.

Spectre off road (sor.com), who are based in LA, list all the internal plastic panels for the 80 series so may be able to advise where you could get the correct material if they don't stock it. I've always found them to be very helpful.

Regards,

Rodger

Have you tried buying the covers new? It’s possible they may still be available if you look on Amayama.com and enter your model number. It’s a slim chance but worth having a look.

Cloth trims tend to be lower spec models in the 80 series not that common to find and not sure what you have there tbh in your truck.

Europe had all leather trim in the 80 VX models and japan had more cloth trims like mine being an export.

Being in the USA and sold as the 450LX may be better to look locally to see what you’ll find and yet from what I’ve seem the two years they sold there being 95-97 they all had leather so don’t know what you have tbh.

Thanks, Dervis,
I have seen this trim in Japanese trucks. Mine is a 1990 from Nicaragua. I know it's tough to find the factory fabric, so just throwing it out in case someone has replaced it or has a salvage vehicle. Happy New Year!
D

Spectre off road (sor.com), who are based in LA, list all the internal plastic panels for the 80 series so may be able to advise where you could get the correct material if they don't stock it. I've always found them to be very helpful.

Regards,

Rodger

Yes. They are right down the road from me. I will check.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you tried buying the covers new? It’s possible they may still be available if you look on Amayama.com and enter your model number. It’s a slim chance but worth having a look.

Haven't heard of this site, but will check it out.
Thanks!
D

Back