Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

URGENT 24v starter motor needed

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Despite already stripping starter motor down once it decided this afternoon to not engage the flywheel on my 80 and it's currently the only vehicle I have to get to work! To say I'm a little peeved would be an understatement.

Does anyone have a broken or otherwise starter motor an hour or so from Newbury or Basingstoke ? Must have good condition gear teeth where starter motor engages flywheel.

If anyone has one could they phone me please on 07540rem382835

Many thanks

Jim

Don't have a starter but do have a genuine plunger and starter contacts kit if that's any good? Away for a few days though.

Perfect opportunity to get rid of the change over relay -- just get a 12 V starter instead. Probably cheaper as well, not to mention cheaper in the long run.

i daresay milner will have one and their carriage is very quick.

well i've got mine apart

the problem seems to be in the solenoid but i can't get the soilenoi motor out without a press. Will give everything a good clean and re-grease what i can- i "think" a bearing has collapsed inside the solenoid (being the bit at the front of the motor with the start pawl on it).

Also their are the contacts and the plunger- does the plunger actually conduct electricity, or does it get pushed out when a circuit is activated? just trying to work out what bits i need to make sure can conduct electricity!

The hat on the plunger gets pulled down onto the contacts to make the circuit. Often the plunger isn't in too bad shape and it's just the contacts that have worn away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back