Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

V8 LPG install

Just a quick update: The Prinns Valvecare system is CRAP and should be avoided at ALL COST. I'm going to get the Tineytech system fitted based around the manual flashlube and keep everything as simple as possible leaving the bells and whistles to some other mugg.

John

Interesting about the Prinns auto system. I tried a Flashlube Auto system a while back and just couldn't get it to work - at all. Checked and rechecked my connections and scratched my head til it hurt but no joy. Went back to the good old manual Flashlube and that's what I'm sticking with

Rick

I've got the Flashlube Auto system in mine, works fine but I didn't install it myself got the local LPG man to do it. John, why is the Prinns Valvecare system crap?

Both Billy at Hilton (Wolverhampton) and Neil (Medway LPG) are both experienced LPG installers and both came a cropper with the Prinns Electronic ValveCare System because neither could get the thing to work reliably. It seems that this is a similar story with that of other electronic flashlube systems (unless you're very, very lucky). Contrast this with a manual system, which IMHO is nigh on bulletproof technology, I know which one I'd choose.....Like I said there is something to be had about keeping things simple.

John

Last edited:
My system seems to be working OK so far, it lets me know well in advance with an LED light and audible alarm when level is low. Since May 2012 it's used less than 2ltrs not sure how many miles I've done since then. Perhaps I've been one of the lucky ones. :dance:

Last edited:
My system seems to be working OK so far, it lets me know well in advance with an LED light and audible alarm when level is low. Since May 2012 it's used less than 2ltrs not sure how many miles I've done since then. Perhaps I've been one of the lucky ones. :dance:

Chas

That doesn't sound right unless you've simply not driven the car and knowing YOU, I doubt it. Please check out the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLP6CMGF1go

I think the maths goes something like this 1 litre of fuel equals 1mltr of Flashlube. Alas I was educated in a comprehensive and I'm shit at maths....

John

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've just checked the milometer and I've done 5000 miles (give or take) since last May. It will be 3ltrs of Flashlube I've used as it was topped up on installation and I've filled it twice. I'm shit at maths too John. :lol:

There were problems with the early Flashlube auto systems but afaik the later design exchange units I had from Tinley Tech are still going ok.

Jon

I'm going to pass your comment s to Billy at Hilton LPG, tomorrow and see what he has to say in reply because either you've been very very lucky or there is something very wrong going on for two people whom I respect absolutely to come out with such opposing views. Me, I just want to be my car protected, sooner rather than later.....

John

In South Africa in Joburg people also doing LPG autogas conversion. They do diesel and petrol engines conversion.
autogasafrica.co.za

Unfortunately, South Africa it is a very strange country and the people there are also very strange.
I spoke with the head of a company and he told me that in South Africa people expect that the cost of installation of autogas will return them after 2 weeks, maybe after 2 months :).

They are there in South Africa can not understand that autogas is a long-term investment.

Back