Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
where should i drill for the oil discharge on landcruiser 100 4.7
thanks

The sump?

They have a bolt you can undo. No drilling required

On the side of the sump. Possibly the back. Can't remember but pretty clear if you look from underneath

Might have got the wrong end of the stick, but do you mean valve saver fluid injector(s) for installation on an lpg system ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No to let the engine oil out.

Nothing to suggest lpg oil drain in the first post

I thought LPG when I read ‘Valve saver’ in the title. But then with the minimal information we’ve got here who knows, Stu might be on the money but I was never any good at cryptic crosswords.

Sorry yes it’s a valve saver and I’m not sure we’re to drill

Kano in the inlet manifold for valve saver as I run on lpg

but where abouts
Post up a picture of your engine with the intake manifold and pipework clearly visible and someone will be able to guide you. Essentially the picture shows it drilled and fitted where the manifold branches. I would also make sure no swarf goes into the manifold either by removing it or plugging it with paper and using a vacuum cleaner to suck it out depending on access.

For clarity, all references to the sump do not apply.

Last edited:
Philip, are you asking yourself if you have a photo? :lol:

To be clear here, you’ve had a link to the info showing you where to put it. Nobody on this thread has flashlube, so nobody can send you a photo. You are still asking where so post up a photo and someone will show you which bit relates to the diagram. Have you viewed the diagram that Flint linked to by the way?

To add a photo, take one with your phone or get one onto your computer and click ‘upload a file’ then select ‘photo library’ and select your photo. When it uploads, select ‘full image’ and it will appear in your post.

Hope this helps.

Back